Anyone thought of names for when the time comes?

jen1604

Reaction score
Well WTT is dreadfully quiet this morning so I thought I'd make a random chatty thread!!
Have any of you charming ladies thought of what you might like to name your little ones when they come along?(Sorry I'm in a very strange mood today) xxx

Thats a good question :) I am thinking, Lewis for a boy, and Bailey/Baillie for a girl. My surname is Bailey, so it's just a way of hanging on to it when I get married (not for a long while yet haha), as baby will get fathers surname, which is Hutchinson! Do you have any ideas jen1604? x

I definitly have my names picked out, Scott James for a boy (Scott just coz I like it and James is my partners name) and Ebony Ruth for a girl (Again coz I like the name and Ruth because its my middle name and my mums first name). :happydance:

Oh I love the idea of calling her Bailey to hang onto your name--thats so clever!And bailey Hutchinson sounds lovely :)
I'm not sure-if we have another girl her middle name is going to be Anastacia after my OHs sister who introduced me to OH.I do like the name Chloe but theres lots of Chloes around and I like something a bit unusual..
No ideas at all for a boy though!!Their surname will be Norcott...

Gorgeous names chaznchipz :) Ebony Ruth goes really nicely together.xx

Oh I love the idea of calling her Bailey to hang onto your name--thats so clever!And bailey Hutchinson sounds lovely :)
I'm not sure-if we have another girl her middle name is going to be Anastacia after my OHs sister who introduced me to OH.I do like the name Chloe but theres lots of Chloes around and I like something a bit unusual..
No ideas at all for a boy though!!Their surname will be Norcott...

I like the name Chloe, but like you say there are lots around and I prefer less common names. OK maybe not as bothered for a boys name, with Lewis being quite common. I can think of loads for boys, but struggle when I come to think for girls. Not yet got any middle names together though.
Daniel is a nice name for a boy too, though quite common. Ermmm or maybe Stanley, not something I would have thought of but a friend has named her son that and I actually really like it! Stanley Norcott hehe.

I liked the name Chole too, until my partners brother got engaged to a Chole, then I thought I better change my mind. Its still a lovely name though...
Just hope she doesnt get pregnant before me, because she wants her boy to be called Scott too and I want to pip her to the post with it :rofl:
Love the name Bailey too btw

STANLEY?!? Ok so my little girl is called Ophelia..Ophelia&&Stanley.I'm not sure it works. I quite like the name Coco,what do you think?For a girl?
Ive got my baby name book out now!haha,Im bored today.For a boy I do like Maxwell or Maximilian?x

I liked the name Chole too, until my partners brother got engaged to a Chole, then I thought I better change my mind. Its still a lovely name though...
Just hope she doesnt get pregnant before me, because she wants her boy to be called Scott too and I want to pip her to the post with it :rofl:

Oh no!If she beats you to it you could always call him Scotty or something with the name Scott in it?Maybe Prescott?People might think youd named him after a politician then though..

STANLEY?!? Ok so my little girl is called Ophelia..Ophelia&&Stanley.I'm not sure it works. I quite like the name Coco,what do you think?For a girl?
Ive got my baby name book out now!haha,Im bored today.For a boy I do like Maxwell or Maximilian?x

Haha Stanley is a cool name :D!!! I like Maxwell as well, Max for short. Not so sure on Coco, I suppose it is unusual! Maybe more of a cats name? Dont be offended tho I dont mean to offend! :) ooo a name book. I wont be gettin one of them, so much to choose from it wud stress me out haha! Not heard Maximilian either, that would go well with Ophelia. I'm growing on that too, really feminine name :)

Scott is nice name, and James, I have relatives with those names though. Good luck with the trying to get that little boy out quicker hehe !

Yeah also two famous people have had babies called Coco which is a downer for me (courteney cox and jo whiley :( ) Thank you,thats why I like Ophelia and we figured if she was a bit of a tomboy when she was older we could shorten it to Fifi which is a bit less girly. What would you shorten Bailey to or just it always keep it as Bailey?
Ive got 3 baby name books!I love them!When I was pregnant I made my OH make top 100 name lists with me...I drove him mad!!

Yeah also two famous people have had babies called Coco which is a downer for me (courteney cox and jo whiley :( ) Thank you,thats why I like Ophelia and we figured if she was a bit of a tomboy when she was older we could shorten it to Fifi which is a bit less girly. What would you shorten Bailey to or just it always keep it as Bailey?
Ive got 3 baby name books!I love them!When I was pregnant I made my OH make top 100 name lists with me...I drove him mad!!

ROFL thats something i would have to do with the list, i think my boyfriend wud probly walk out haha. I wouldn't shorten Bailey I don't think. I had a friend when I was a child called Baillie, her parents nicknamed her "Bails" which is OK. My name is Leigh and I don't have a choice to shorten it! Haha. Ophelia may well have a tomboy phase, I know a lot of girls who thought they were boys about the age of 8! I think most grow out of that though. Do your books have meanings in or anything else about the names?

I've had mine chosen for a while. For a boy its going to be James Timothy or Jack, not sure. Have always liked the name James and been obsessed with Jack since Torchwood and Dr Who!

For a girl its going to be Lara Calleigh hopefully. Have liked the name Lara for forever and I got Calleigh (sp?) from CSI Miami. Will have to find out how to spell it if its going to be my daughters middle name!

My 2nd name will be Cooke and I think Lara Calleigh Cooke sounds really beautiful.

I am hoping that we'll be the first out of our group of friends to have kids so don't need to worry about them stealing my names unless someone has a surprise lol.

You could short your name to eigh!!!hahahaha!
My books have the meanings and origins of names in---My book says...
Bailey is French and apparently means steward.
Lewis is Teutonic (whats that?) and means 'famous battle warrior'

I've had mine chosen for a while. For a boy its going to be James Timothy or Jack, not sure. Have always liked the name James and been obsessed with Jack since Torchwood and Dr Who!

For a girl its going to be Lara Calleigh hopefully. Have liked the name Lara for forever and I got Calleigh (sp?) from CSI Miami. Will have to find out how to spell it if its going to be my daughters middle name!

My 2nd name will be Cooke and I think Lara Calleigh Cooke sounds really beautiful.

I am hoping that we'll be the first out of our group of friends to have kids so don't need to worry about them stealing my names unless someone has a surprise lol.

Thats a really nice name for a girl! Not quite sure how u say the middle name but it looks good! I like jack, quite a popular choice. I like Timothy too.

I love the name Lara Calleigh Cook.I think normally it would be spelt Callie but I prefer the spelling you've done.
And also I think Jack Timothy would be a great name for a boy :) xx

Thanks :D Its good to know that other people like the names. Timothy is my OHs dad's name and I thought it would be nice to name our son after him as OH and his dad are really close.

You say Calleigh like callie, but haven't decided on the way to spell it yet. Hopefully by the end of 2010 she'll be here and we will have made our decision but not holding out too much hope, think it will probably be more like 2012 :(

xxx

Oooh, this is what i miss when i start reading threads in 3rd tri out of sheer boredom!

I have loads picked out, for now me and OH have agreed Thea Jazmine (he wanted it spelled jasmine and i wanted it spelled jazmyn to make it a bit diff so we compromised) for a girl and Harry for a boy.

That said when we had the same convo a couple of months ago it was Tia Elizabeth and Oliver James. So i guess mine could change. :rofl: xx

Oooh, this is what i miss when i start reading threads in 3rd tri out of sheer boredom!

I have loads picked out, for now me and OH have agreed Thea Jazmine (he wanted it spelled jasmine and i wanted it spelled jazmyn to make it a bit diff so we compromised) for a girl and Harry for a boy.

That said when we had the same convo a couple of months ago it was Tia Elizabeth and Oliver James. So i guess mine could change. :rofl: xx

Dont wander over to third tri then!All the cool kids are over here in WTT!:rofl:

Ooh Harry like that hot ginger fox of a Prince? Love it.
I dont think Ive heard the name Thea before but I like it and I have always liked the name Jasmine too (oh and I like Jasmina) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->