Anyone try this for stretch marks?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Soooo I'm having a day where I'm extremely down over the stretchmarks I have already, let alone what I'm going to have by November. I've been using everything possible, massaging my skin....nothing is preventing them, I'm going to look like a train track by the time this is over. I don't think I'll care so much once they aren't purple anymore though. I was searching home remedies. I read that if you mix coffee in with your moisturizer, the caffeine promotes blood flow to the area and helps heal/fade the stretch marks. Anyone try this and have it actually work?

Have you tried Palmers cocoa butter? That works wonders for me. But you have to put it on all that time! LITERALLY! a lot of people say it doesnt work, but they dont use it all the time. I put it on at least 5 times a day. And i only have a few and you can hardly see them!!! :) hope this helps!

im using bio oil atm..never heard of the coffee thing rae but..give it a try lol...wats the worst that could happen? x:)

i still stand by.... if your gonna get them... your gonna get them :(

I think ANY cream you use will reduce the amount as its the massaging and moisterising effect that keeps the skin subtle!!

However Im keen to get some bio-oil for afterwards to try and reduce the appearance of the dredded things!!

I use Dove creme oil body wash... It makes my skin feel AWESOME! Last night I had a nice warm bath and put lots of with the water and it felt so nice... And then I used my coco butter.

I drink coffee every morning, it likely has a good effect that way because of the bloodfloow increase etc.

IMO if your willing to put caffein ON your body and let it soak into your bloodstream, you might as well just drink it LOL! I have to drink it, its the only thing that prevents my migrains :( I only have one small mug a day though.

Do it if it makes you feel better but don't expect it to work. If you're predisposed nothing you do will prevent it.

Hmm I haven't tried that. I've been using Curel's pregnancy cream so far... :hugs:

ive been using bio oil on my bump and i havnt got any yet, however, my bum cheeks and tighs havnt been so lucky to escape the dread lines, mind you i had them there before i fell pregnant and i had used coco palmers pregnancy stretch mark cream and it made them disappear, however, since ive been pregnant, they`ve revisited the same area and bio oil hasnt shiffted them in the 37 weeks, so my advice to you is use a mixture of everything from bio oil on your bump, palmers cream on the bum and legs and any thing else you have heard that has a chance of working! good luck!! you may still have some stretch marks but at least you`ll have the softest skin at the end of the nine months!!!!

I'm covered in stretchmarks and I'm so depressed them! I really want to go swimming and wear shorts in the sun or even have sex with my OH in the light without freaking out about them. However I didn't use anything to reduce the appearence of them apart from a bit of palmers cocoa butter for a couple of days. Now I really regret it. I heard bio oil is the best thing to use

I'm with orla, try a lil of everything, i'm currently using boots expert massaging cream and olive oil, my aunt recommended it to help moisturise, and well so far so good, no stretchmarks.

I'm already using bio oil, curel, palmers and brazil nut butter. I've resigned to the fact that I can't do anything to prevent them...but I'm very anxious to make them fade hah. I think the brazil nut butter is doing the best job but theyre still very much there, which I do expect..I'm just so damn self consicous over them.

I'm already using bio oil, curel, palmers and brazil nut butter. I've resigned to the fact that I can't do anything to prevent them...but I'm very anxious to make them fade hah. I think the brazil nut butter is doing the best job but theyre still very much there, which I do expect..I'm just so damn self consicous over them.

I know how you feel hun!! I used to be positive by saying well at least they are below my belly button but they are def creeping up!!!!

Im so worried about how they are going to look after baby is here!! And whether I will ever be able to wear a bikini again :cry:

Have you tried Palmers cocoa butter? That works wonders for me. But you have to put it on all that time! LITERALLY! a lot of people say it doesnt work, but they dont use it all the time. I put it on at least 5 times a day. And i only have a few and you can hardly see them!!! :) hope this helps!

That stuff is MAGIC!!!!!

I'm agreeing with the... if you're going to get them you're going to get them :(

But I think that bio oil helps, but you have to use it ALOT i dont think that it will stop them but might reduce them :shrug:

:cry: Mine get me down all the time and i have been REALLY looking after my skin :cry:

You know what im getting them more on my boobies than my bump!!

I use palmers cocoa butter though, i have done for a couple of years now, it was a godsend after i had my boobs done!!

I truly don't know what the secret is to avoid stretchmarks. I think if you are prone to them you are going to get them no matter what.

I moisturize with a cream every day and never had them with any pregnancy.

Maybe it's because I drink coffee. :rofl:

Have you googled it? i normally find all my answers on there. i cnt see hw it will b absorbed into the blood stream much because skin has a few layers and if everything that touched our skin got absorbed i dont kno im js rambling i am no science teacher lol

Iv bin usin derma mum and bio oil, and this wk i got my 1st 2 stretch marks on my bump there ryt undaneath so only saw dem wen i luked inda mirror:hissy: and each day since i look at them and they seem2b getting bigger and darker.bt at least i know that i have been using stuff so I was obviously going to get them in the end!

i think it is in your genes too hon, if your mum got them then your prob will too:cry:

have heard of the coffee beans for cellulite, maybe it does the same job? also heard massaging whatever cream you do use towards your heart helps too?! who knows!!!

but there are def things you can do to minimize, im using Bio Oil by the bucket load and DermaMum too, im like one big oil slick!

none yet tho have a couple on my thighs at the top which i had before

try not to let it get you down, remember your body is doing the most amazing job it will ever do, creating another person and you should be proud of that xxx

:hug:

i use bio oil and coco butter and so far so good the only stretch marks i have got is little smalls ones where i kept me belly bars in to long, even tho they were proper pregnancy ones it didnt help so now ive taken them out its stopped them from getting wrse and im hoping the creams will reduce them. but thankfully have them no where els but still got 4 week to go so never say never lol xx

my skins been really dry recently so ive been putting baby oil in my bath, and moisturings whenever i remember, which is like every other day opps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->