Anyone trying for another after having a baby with health issues??

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Hi ladies :) we are trying for our 3rd, our 1st baby was extremely healthy as can be , our 2nd child had severe GERD, food allergies, and digestive issues, along with the scare of spinal cord damage. He is now 3 and healthy for the most part :) but my 2nd pregnancy was also aweful too....low fluid, preterm labor, and had 2 markers for Down syndrome in the 20 wk scan, it was a very scary 9 months and we weren't Able To be happy and excited like we were with the 1st :(
So badly I want a 3rd, but I'm also so scared :(
Has anyone else gone through this scare???

Hi hun. We also had a horrible scare at 20 week scan, sonographer thought there was a chamber missing in the baby's heart so had 2 further consultant led scans which turned out to be a false alarm. Baby No2 was born with Rhesus Disease, 2 days of UV photo therapy and tube fed, in SCUBU for 4 days. Completely healthy now. TTC Baby No 3 and likelihood of Rhesus Disease again but to a greater extent. You just never know - going with the flow right now!

Take care xx

My son was born deaf with cerebral palsy and some other health issues. We are trying for no.2 - I'm absolutely petrified. Your not alone. It will be ok.x

We found out at 3 months that our daughter had a rare genetic disorder and she went blind by 7 months. We are trying for no.2 and I am really nervous. Some days I can't wait and then some I think we must be mad to even contemplate another. I know exactly who you feel xx

We have not been through anything compared with some but LO does have allergy issues and we had some really worrying moments when she was loosing weight and we didn't know why. Everything seems to be going okay and I don't worry so much about having to deal with the same again next time as what if it is worse. There are a lot of serious allergies and asthma in the family. I also had a separation and blood clot of the placenta at the beginning of tri 2. It all turned out okay but I can't help think it was close to turning out differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->