Anyone trying to lose weight before TTC or during?

afen457

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I've recently started working out and cut my calories using the Lose it! App. Its been working great I've lost 7 pounds so far! I'm trying to get to my ideal weight by the time I get pregnant again or start TTC. I'm not sure if I should wait now? I've been overweight since I had my son almost 4 years ago and now I'm finally losing weight. I don't want to sound superficial by saying I want to lose weight and being nervous to gain it all back by getting pregnant again. Hope someone feels like I do!

HI,

i am trying to loose weight before ttc#2. I have lost 11lbs in a month using myfitnesspal and going to the gym. It has been easier than i thought and i am starting to notice a difference which is great. I have a fair bit to loose i am 17 stone now, and want to get to 13 ideally. That is still classed as overweight but much better than 17 stone.

I was overweight when i had my little boy (ended up at 20 stone just before he was born) and for me i felt it really affected my choices in pregnancy, particularily when it came to the birth. I developed high blood pressure and spent some time in hospital just before he was born and i found it frustrating. I also had to labour on my back with constant monitoring because of my high bmi. this meant i did not have the freedom i wanted, i could not have the waterbirth i wanted and in the end he was induced and was a forceps delivery in theatre with a large tear and an even larger episiotomy (ouchie!), it took me 7 months after to feel normal down below. He was also 10lb 7 which they attributed to my weight, claiming had i have been smaller to start with then he would have been smaller. I am not sure on that one, his daddy is 6ft 4 and i am 5ft 8 in height and Isaac was all arms and legs he was not a chubby boy at birth and he is average size now.

BUT, all of the birth etc has made me decide that i need to be at a much lower wieght when we ttc#2. I think pregnancy would be hard at my size now whilst caring for a toddler. I got so big in my last pregnancy i became a couch potato towards the end, and this would not be an option with a toddler.

so i am on the loosing weight wagon and want to be near my target by August this year.

Dawn xx

You sound like me. I had preeclampsia my first pregnancy and had to be induced because of my blood pressure. I gained a lot of weight... Too much. I wish I had eaten healthier. But that's why I figured I should lose weight before I try again. Its hard to look in the mirror sometimes. But you sound like you're making progress and that's what matters :) I'm glad someone else is in the boat with me. I hope that if I change my ways for TTC #2 that I will avoid preeclampsia. Here's to making a change!

Same here, i am really hoping that being a healthier weight will avoid the complications it looks like we both had!. I know that baby number 2 will be our last so i want the pregnancy and labour to go the way i want it to be as much as possible so thay i can say i had one pregnancy and birth 'MY' way if that makes sense.

How old is your little one?, do you have a ttc#2 date in mind?

Yes let's hope the next time will be better. My Lo is 3.5 now which is why I'm trying to get a move on TTC . We are going to try as soon as I get to where I want to be so maybe June or july this year. How old is your LO?

My little man is 15 months old and keeps us on our toes lol. It took us a year to fall pregnant with him and although others tell me you fall quicker with your second i am not sure. i think ideally i would like a 2 and a half year - 3 year age gap so i really need to maintain my dieting focus. some days it is really easy to stick to my diet and other days it can be so hard, but mostly i am doing good at the minute.
i just need to get to the gym more but with LO it is hard to fit it in.

I lost nearly 4 stone before i started ttc my daughter which brought me down to a size i was happy with but according to my bmi i was still very overweight. I had a great pregnancy apart from spd, perfect labour and waterbirth. Unfortunately i put it all back on and a bit more . My dd is 20 months and i havent really stuck at any diet since she was born apart from the 1 i started on boxing day. I am turning 30 in july and i want to start ttc then aswell so i want to lose this weight again. I am so determined this time.

My little man is 15 months old and keeps us on our toes lol. It took us a year to fall pregnant with him and although others tell me you fall quicker with your second i am not sure. i think ideally i would like a 2 and a half year - 3 year age gap so i really need to maintain my dieting focus. some days it is really easy to stick to my diet and other days it can be so hard, but mostly i am doing good at the minute.
i just need to get to the gym more but with LO it is hard to fit it in.

That is a good age gap.. I'm sure if you just stick to your plan it'll be much easier to TTC and more relaxed. It is hard to find time I know.

I lost nearly 4 stone before i started ttc my daughter which brought me down to a size i was happy with but according to my bmi i was still very overweight. I had a great pregnancy apart from spd, perfect labour and waterbirth. Unfortunately i put it all back on and a bit more . My dd is 20 months and i havent really stuck at any diet since she was born apart from the 1 i started on boxing day. I am turning 30 in july and i want to start ttc then aswell so i want to lose this weight again. I am so determined this time.

I didn't stick to a diet either after I had my DS. I thought it would just come off from just taking care of a newborn lol. I am determined this time also Because I'm actually making progress. I was skinny before I had my son and now I'm not at all. Its about feeling good and having a healthy pregnancy.

im in same boat :)
i got cholestasis at end with my lo.
crappy 2 day induction.
lo had a stroke and broken shoulder.
the induction was cos of cholestasis and im hoping if im super healthy il avoid getting it 2nd time round
ive lost 42 pound since his birth but i have 38 more to go :)
im so tempted to ttc sooner cos i have lost all my abbay weight plus 1.5 stone but i wont for few months anyway.
im aiming for 11.st 10 pound.
i would be considered fine for my height then.
im 5 8. its the top end of my healthy weight band.
but im half afraid if i do get to that i wont want to be preg cos il be happy with being skinny :)
but im determined this time cos ive liver disease as reult of extra weight.
sorry bit rambly, lo is teething mad so im tired :)
what are ye doin to lose weight?
i have a gravity strider and i love it.
i couldnt ever get to gym really cos lo has epilepsy and cerebral palsy so i never let anyone else mind him.
this way i can stay with him all the time :)

I'm sitting on 90kgs, and need to get it down to 60 something to be in a healthy weight range to ttc. I'd love to achieve that before I turn thirty. We are planning on ttc from around my 31st birthday (2 years away, oh man :wacko: ) so I have time, but argh, still.

Anyone else using meal plans to shift the weight? I'm on lite n easy and so far it's been great.

I too lost weight before pregnancy- although I was still about 15lbs from my "goal" when I ended up prego.... and after LO arrived, and I got back to the gym and watching my food more the Loseit app was great! I still use it to maintain- as I cannot be trusted otherwise :haha:

It doesn't sound selfish- as losing weight is HARD and it takes good motivation to do it... and something you've obviously got going on right now :) Kudos! Just keep it up- and once prego, talk to your doc about how many more calories you need to maintain- or- what is Ok to lose (and stay healthy) during pregnancy.

I'm following slimming world I need to loose weight before ttc#1

I need to lose weight too. I generally sit around 70kg when I am overweight and I am back there now. I tend not to worry about it when I am pregnant or breastfeeding but now I don't have any excuse! I would like to get down under 60kg again, it is still at the higher end of the BMI but I'm happy with that.

The big driver for me is TTC again, I lost weight before DS2 and the speciailist is convinced that is why he was conceived naturally. He has told me to try and lose some weight again to see if it will kickstart my body into ovulating again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->