Anyone TTC for 2 under 2?

BunnyN

Reaction score
LO is 10 months and we are TTC. Anyone else as crazy as me?

My brother and sister in law fell pregnant with their second when their first was 9 months old, and it was planned.

Id like to have kids close on age like that too!

I asked my sister in law how it was having two kids under two and she said, "It's really difficult." And my brother said, "Don't sugar coat it, it's ****ing impossible." HAHA poor Bub and sister in law!

I still want kids really close in age though haha :)

Lol, yeh, I know it will be really hard but I figure if I can get through the first 2 or 3 years it will get easier. I was bedridden for several weeks with morning sickness last pregnancy and then put on bedrest for a problem with the placenta so I think I really am crazy to be doing this but OH and I talked i out and he is going to take time off work if he needs to and we have family that can help. I'm 34 and a half and I'd love two more so I kind of reccon it's now or never. I'm breastfeeding and just got my period back in January and they are not regular yet so we will see how long it takes.

I'm trying but my guy is a little older, just turned one two weeks ago.

Baby dust to you ladies!!

My LO is also 10 months, I am currently breastfeeding still and I just got my BFP on Tuesday! I am also 34, so I wanted to not wait too long. Not only that, but I would like them close together as my sister and I are 4 years apart and have nothing in common. You're not alone! I'm crazy right there with you!:happydance:

I'm still bf'ing too. I have been getting discouraged from what I've been reading about ttc while bf so it's very encouraging to hear you got your bfp while bf'ing! :) H&H 9 months!

If you don't mind me asking, was your af back for a while before your bfp? Was it regular? Mines been back for 4 cycles now but hasn't really been regular. I'm scared I'm not ovulating. :(

I just turned 37 so I feel I really have to get a move on number 2!

Oh wow Katrina18 that's amazing you got your BFP! If I'd just get my BFP this cycle we'd be doing everything the same, lol. Nice to know I'm not the only crazy one anyway :).

too_scared - Also nice to know I'm not the only one TTC and breastfeeding! I've had two periods and I'm doing OPKs this month to help me see if/when I'm ovulating. I think as long as you have periods it's a really good thing. It seems to be quite common to take 3 or 4 cycles for them to settle down so I'm trying not to stress about it (I say trying, it's hard not to lol). Some women don't get periods back until they stop feeding so I'm just glad I'm not one of those!

I agree! I'm glad af has returned and it is a step in the right direction towards number 2.

Hope you get a nice strong positive on your opk soon!

I hope so too. I got what I thought could pe a positive last month on CD14 but aparently it wasn't because af didn't come for a month but I wasn't testing because I ran out of OPKs. This month I'm stocked up on internet cheapies so plan to keep testing. Aparently i've turned into a poas addict :). I'd like to see if I can have a better idea of what's going on with o but I'd also like to have an idea of my dates if I get pregnant before my cycles are regular.

I never really had luck with opk's. I prefer to temp but the kiddo doesn't sleep for longer than 3 hour stretches, usually 1 or 2. (Why am I ttc?!) So I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. Haha!

Good luck!

I'm still bf'ing too. I have been getting discouraged from what I've been reading about ttc while bf so it's very encouraging to hear you got your bfp while bf'ing! :) H&H 9 months!

If you don't mind me asking, was your af back for a while before your bfp? Was it regular? Mines been back for 4 cycles now but hasn't really been regular. I'm scared I'm not ovulating. :(

Thank you! Don't be discouraged at all. I've known a few people who have been bf'ing and have gotten their bfp. My cousin seems to always be bf'ing while she's TTC and she just found out she is pregnant with her 5th!

I actually got af in November for the first time, so it took me about 4 cycles. It was semi-regular, so I was afraid I wasn't ovulating either. Honestly, all I did was keep track of my cycle on an app and was sure I bd'd about 3 days before and 2 days after it said I was ovulating (and of course on the ovulation date too). That's pretty much it. I did notice that this made a difference though. We TTC in December and January, but were only able to bd about twice around my ovulation date. However February, we hit all the dates and it happened!

How long have you been TTC for? Are your cycles way off or at least semi-regular? Fingers crossed for you!

Oh wow Katrina18 that's amazing you got your BFP! If I'd just get my BFP this cycle we'd be doing everything the same, lol. Nice to know I'm not the only crazy one anyway :).

too_scared - Also nice to know I'm not the only one TTC and breastfeeding! I've had two periods and I'm doing OPKs this month to help me see if/when I'm ovulating. I think as long as you have periods it's a really good thing. It seems to be quite common to take 3 or 4 cycles for them to settle down so I'm trying not to stress about it (I say trying, it's hard not to lol). Some women don't get periods back until they stop feeding so I'm just glad I'm not one of those!

I know! The similarities were crazy! I agree..Don't worry too_scared, having a cycle is definitely a good thing!

I never really had luck with opk's. I prefer to temp but the kiddo doesn't sleep for longer than 3 hour stretches, usually 1 or 2. (Why am I ttc?!) So I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. Haha!

Good luck!

:haha: yeh LO is still waking about every 3 hrs so I haven't tried temping and it also makes me wonder about my sanity.

Thank you so much! My cycle came back in November too. It's been long but the last one was only 6 days longer than normal. This is the first cycle we've officially started ttc. So far I've tried to bd every second day around what I thought was ovulation time. But, I'm not sure when I will ovulate. It seems I started getting signs and then it stopped. Hopefully it'll happen soon. I'm on CD 18 now. I used to always ov on CD 15. I guess only time will tell. I have my fingers crossed!

Bunny, you have a great sleeper, too? Haha! Eventually they'll sleep! :coffee: Then I'll have no idea what to do with myself. Haha!

Awe don't worry then too_scared! Especially if it's only your first cycle TTC. How long did it take you to conceive with #1?

Oh my gosh, I completely know how both of you feel. My LO is a horrible sleeper. Last night she woke up 8 times in a 10 hour period..8 times..This is not fun considering pregnancy exhaustion is just starting! Oh well, at least we'll all be prepared for a new baby and the lack of sleep. Better than getting used to sleep again only to have it disrupted all over again! :)

That's how I feel too! Haha! I haven't slept in almost two years, why not add a few more? :wacko::rofl:

This is probably touchy, but I've gotten pregnant each time the first month when ttc. Unfortunately, I had two mc so I have one kiddo in my arms and two more in my heart.

I got pregnant easily before too but don't know if it will be the same this time with BFing. I fell pregnant two months in a row actually, the first time when the condom fell off. Unfortunately it turned out to be a chemical but I was so upset OH said we should TTC so we dtd once and I decided we should wait until I felt more level headed... too late I was pregnant again!

It looks like we all have bad sleepers! Sometimes it seems like everyone elses babies have been sleeping through the night since 3 months old! And we are the ones TTC, lol.

yep! I got pregnant the second month with my daughter and the first month actively trying with this one. I had a mc in 2004, so I was really worried, but luckily everything was good with my daughter. (Fingers crossed for this one too!)

My LO had my hopes up briefly when she started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. That only lasted about a month though and since then she has been a horrible sleeper. I wish I could tell her how awesome sleep is and how once you get older you wish you could do more of it! :)

My guy has always slept like this. He had a stretch or two f 5 hours but that is few and far between. Thank goodness for bed sharing and nursing laying down!

Hopefully we'll both catch just as fast this time too, bunny :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->