Anyone TTC for 2 under 2?

It's nice that you guys didn't take too long to conceive either :). I always feel so guilty moaning about irregular cycles etc when I know it takes some ladies many months to years to get pregnant.

I thought I had it made when LO went a couple of 6/7 hr stretches when being only about a week old, but it didn't last!

I feel awful saying how "lucky" we've been too for getting pregnant so fast. But we lost the first two so I don't really think we're all that lucky.

I've felt the same way! I never mention how long it's taken us because I feel awful that it takes some so long.. and then losing them as well is horrible in of itself..

I agree, I dont know what I would do without nursing laying down and having LO sleep with me. I always wanted her to be in her crib, but pure exhaustion took over and its a lot easier having her in our bed.

LO sleeps in her own crib most of the time but her crib is pushed up against my side of the bed so that I can get her in and out without getting out of bed. It also doubles as a rail for when she is bed with me. I would probably have given up and had her in bed with us full time by now but OH is a heavy sleeper so I don't feel safe having her on his side which means I get stuck in one position and it gives me back ache. Still it's a lifesaver for those times that she wants to do hours of comfort sucking like when she is teathing. I also tend to fall asleap sitting up during her night feeds these days, lol.

What are you girls planning to do for sleeping arrangements when #2 arrives? I'm kind of thinking we are all going to end up in the same room, lol.

I'd rather take a long time to conceive than have a loss but it's not one of those things you have control over.

We plan to have a family bed for as long as the kiddos want it. We will probably get a second mattress and put it on the floor next to ours. Our bed is on the floor now so Finn can't hurt himself if he were to fall out. When the kiddos are bigger and want their own space I think we'll probably do a sibling bed for a bit. Unless they don't want that.

I absolutely love bed sharing. I dread the day Finn asks for his own room. Haha! But I can't keep him in there forever. :haha:

I kind of thought we'd put LO in her own room when she was about 1 year old but now she is 10 months and she doesn't seem at all ready. I'm not quite sure how having a toddler and newborn in the same room will work but I'm thinking she will get used to it as noises she is familiar with don't tend to wake her up.

What are you girls planning to do with your LOs when in labour? Last time it took 38hrs which is 2 nights and a day and a half. That would be a really long time to be away from LO.

I have no idea what we're going to do. I think my dh's parents are going to have to watch him. That makes me very sad to be away from him that long. I think I would keep him with me as long as possible and then get them to take him and then bring him back as soon as baby was born.

I think I may be getting close to ovulation, finally... On CD 21! I hope you're doing well!

I ended up having a c section last time after 36 hours of labor and never going past 7 cm. I'm not sure if I'll end up having one this time, but either way we're hoping to have my mother in law come help us with LO. Unfortunately, we pretty much live no where near any family (nearest family is two hours away).. Its just us so if she can't come help us, I dont know what we're going to do.
As far as sleeping, im kind of hoping that #2 will be in their crib. Dont get me wrong, I love co sleeping but my back hurts so bad every morning and I havent slept through the night in 10 months. I would like my sleep back one day :) Who knows though..knowing me, I say that and we'll all end up in one bed!
Fingers crossed for you ladies getting your BFP soon!

I had a darker line (not positive yet) on my opk today so was hoping I might be getting close too. I'm on CD 17, my last cycle was 39 days but no idea when I o'd.

I thought you might have some great solution for labour, lol. LO totally loves my sister so I'm thinking I'll ask her to look after her and i'm sure the grandparents will help. I'll hope for a shorter labour this time but i'm thinking that there is no way I can hope it to be over in a few hrs while she sleeps. Will be planning on another home birth which will help for keeping with me as long as possible but last time I found it really important to have peace and quiet with just LO's support most of the time. When there were other people around it would distract me and slowed down my contractions. Not quite sure how I'll feel about having LO arround. I think we'll just kind of have to see how it goes on the day.

My in laws are our closest family and they're a little over 2 hours away. Actually the hospital is in their town so we will be bringing the kiddo (and the dogs to be put into boarding until we come home!) to them! Haha! We live in a tiny town with a small hospital but they don't deliver babies here.

When I went into labour with our kiddo my water broke at 2:20 pm but my contractions didn't start until after 6. It was perfect. Gave us a nice relaxed trip into town. We even got to drop the dogs off at boarding without me having to go to the hospital first! Well, I should say I was relaxed, I don't know about dh. Haha! He kept asking if I was ok. Haha!

If it could happen like that again I'd be ok but I doubt we'd be so lucky twice in a row.

Katrina, how are you feeling? Any symptoms yet?

Bunny, hopefully you get a nice blaring positive on your opk soon!

I ended up having a c section last time after 36 hours of labor and never going past 7 cm. I'm not sure if I'll end up having one this time, but either way we're hoping to have my mother in law come help us with LO. Unfortunately, we pretty much live no where near any family (nearest family is two hours away).. Its just us so if she can't come help us, I dont know what we're going to do.
As far as sleeping, im kind of hoping that #2 will be in their crib. Dont get me wrong, I love co sleeping but my back hurts so bad every morning and I havent slept through the night in 10 months. I would like my sleep back one day :) Who knows though..knowing me, I say that and we'll all end up in one bed!
Fingers crossed for you ladies getting your BFP soon!

That's why I don't co sleep, it kills my back, LO would love it and sleeps like a log when we do. I compromise by having her crib pushed up against the bed.

What were your contractions like? It's interesting, my labour was 38hrs and stuck at 6/7cm for several hrs. My contractions were a bit wonky, they never became regular, even when I got to pushing. The MW checked after about 30hrs labour and said I was at 6, almost 7 and looked a bit concerned. She checked again after about 3hrs and she said I'd gone back to 6, I didn't even know dilation could go backward, lol. If i had been in hospital I'm sure they would have wanted to use interventions, even the MW was starting to push for me to go to hospital. But i decided to hold off because LO's heart rate showed she was coping super well. Thankfully it sped up a bit tward the end but I feel that it was a bit of a close call with a CS, under different circumstances I'm sure that's what I would have had.

Too_scared, that sounds awesome! How nice to have a few hours to take care of everything before going into full labor..your poor dh though..haha..
when I had LO, my poor dh had to go back and forth from the hospital multiple times a day to walk our dogs and take care of them. I don't even know why boarding them didn't cross our mind!
So, not to freak you out, but if labor happens faster the 2nd time, what options do you have with the hospital being 2 hours away?

My contractions weren't actually too bad. The problem was that I got to 7 cm, but then my cervix began to swell from her head being up against it for so long. They said I could have continued, but would have still ended up with a c section. I was so upset for awhile about it. I did not want a c section at all. But, all is well now. I had no idea you could go backward either!

I'm feeling pretty good except for the fatigue. I had an appointment with the prenatal nurse this past Friday (I don't see my dr for another two weeks). I mentioned to her how I was a bit concerned as the two at home tests I took were a bit light. She tested me again at her office and said that it was indeed a little light, so she had me go for a blood test Friday and again today to test my HCG levels. They want to make sure that they are rising and that everything is progressing as it should. The weekend was a bit torturous having to wait, but hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. I did take another test at home last night and it was a lot darker, so hopefully that's a good sign. She's thinking I might have ovulated late and I might be earlier in the pregnancy than I thought. I wonder if that has to do with my body still getting on track from LO? If everything is ok with my blood test, I should have an ultrasound in the next 3-4 weeks or so to measure the baby. I'm trying not to worry too much. Luckily I have LO to keep me occupied most of the time.

Sorry for the novel :)

Bunny, my contractions never got regular either. The doctor put me on pitocin to try to even them out but every time they upped the dose it slowed my contractions. :shrug: Won't be doing that again if at all possible! From my water breaking to having the kiddo was 22 hours. I was pushing for 2.5 hours. Ouch!

If labour happens faster this time my only option is an ambulance. The closest hospital is over 200 km away (we are kind of in the middle of two) The send a nurse with you who knows how to delivery babies and you hope not to have the baby on the side of the highway! Haha! As soon as you start getting contractions here you go to the hospital, you don't wait until they are 5 minutes apart or whatever.

We had no choice but to board the dogs being so far from home. We didn't want to burden friends with having to go over and let them out and feed them all the time. It was a good thing we didn't because we ended up at the hospital for 6 days because the little guy had jaundice.

Katrina, I'm glad to hear your test was nice and dark last night. Early pregnancy is so stressful. I'm sure everything is going to be great when you get your numbers back tomorrow. :hugs:

Katrina18- Do you know any more about your HCG levels yet? I agree with too_scared, early pregnancy is really stressful. :hugs:I hope you are not kept waiting too long to get the results. It does make sense about your cycles being off track. It's so easy for BFing to throw things off. Even if it's just that LO is comfort sucking more than normal for a few days it can delay ovulation.

My waters were trickling from the back but did not break at the front on their own which I think helped to protect my cervix because they acted like a cushion. Eventually the MW did break them, which she said she doesn't usually do but she thought the head might not actually have been putting enough pressure on the cervix and we decided we needed to try something to speed things up. I'm really happy I didn't end up with a CS but I guess it's one of those things that we are glad to have available when we need it too. Have you decided if you are going to have an elective CS or a VBAC this time?

too_scared- thats really interesting that pitocin made your contractions even slower, didn't know that ever happened! I think my body knew I needed to take it slow. Because of chronic health problems I'm not the strongest person it the world plus LO was 9lb 5oz with a big head for her size so I think she had a little trouble rotating and coming down and needed to do it slowly or it would have hurt me and stressed her. The MW was really impressed that her heartbeat never showed any sign of stress during the whole labour which gave me courage that we were doing the right thing letting labour take it's own time.

2hrs is a long way from hospital. That must be a bit stressful. We are only 5mins from the local hospital and have another 30mins away which is probably where I would have gone if we didn't go with a HB. We looked into a hospital just over 2hrs away because their policies support natural birth (unlike the hospitals close to me) but in the end I decided traveling 2hrs during labour would be hard unless I went as soon as labour started and I wanted to be able to hang on at home as long as possible. In the end we found an independent MW and had a HB which was fantastic.

Good news ladies! My HCG went from 288 to 1354, so they said everything is progressing as it should. What a relief! I tend to freak myself out during pregnancy. You guys are right, that it is stressful! I will feel better after I get my first ultrasound in about two weeks and get to see the little bean! Thanks for your words of encouragement!

They tried to induce me about 2 weeks before I had LO due to her having low fluid. Pitocin did absolutely nothing for me. I was in there for two days and had a few contractions, but nothing major. Finally, after seeing that her fluid was back up, they let me go home. That's good to know that you don't wait until your contractions are close together to go to the hospital. I imagine waiting would cause a lot more roadside births. :)

Not sure if I'm going to have VBAC or another c section yet. I really don't want another c section, but honestly, having it all planned is kind of easier. Especially if we are trying to have my mother in law come up (we are in Northern California and she is in Los Angeles area 6 hours away). If the c section is planned, we can tell her what date to come up and it will be a guarantee that my LO will be cared for by her. I just don't know though. I don't want to do anything unnecessarily either. I'll have to see what the dr recommends. That's awesome that you had a home birth! Are you planning on having another?

My LO was also 9lbs 5 oz! Crazy huh? Ok, what day was your LO born? Mine was May 2nd. If you say the same date it's going to freak me out..LOL..Just kidding..

So glad to hear that your levels are okay!

No, LO Born May 6, but close lol!

Home birth was just perfect for me, after the first one I'd never do anything else unless there was a big medical reason to do otherwise.

Just to update, I'm pregnant! Got my BFP last week the day after LO turned 1. So if all goes well we will have 2 under 2! It's a bit scary but exciting too.

Yay! Congratulations! :happydance:

I got my bfp April 8, if everything goes as planned we'll have a Christmas baby and 2 under 2 too!

Oooh, exciting. You beat me by a month lol. I got my BFP March 7th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->