anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Jordyn, that's so funny you said about DHs beard haha. He always gets comments on it when we are out! I've never seen his chin before and I told him I never do. I only know him like this. Though this is probably the longest its ever been.

Heather: I love the pictures of same birthday. I showed Jonathan the pictures of Sam with Mickey. He was yelling Mickey Mickey hahaha. I too am jelous you were able to take them to Disney land. As for bottles. That's great that Ben does so great within a bottle. Good for you for getting Sam to stop. Jonathan stopped around 15 16 months I think lol but like I said it was just 3 days of crying at night and the. Yea he would just sleep. I just for some reason don't have the energy to do it with Eva right now. Lol
As for your dhs beard haha I love it lol

Jordyn: I know what you mean about a trip to Disney land
Being so pricy lol one day though!!

What are y'all getting your Los for Christmas

Here's what we got our kids this year: :flower:

Alia: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J10BOMS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Liam: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DSIQS6G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Asher: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031W38YO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aww soo cute jordyn. I love Asher's pacifier toy lol
I was going to get Eva the same one to got Alia. But I'm not sure yet. I already got Natalia and Jonathan's gifts just Eva's ugh hahaha

Jordyn, the pop up toy you got for Liam is the same one we got for Jimmy! He loves the one in the church nursery, so I thought we'd get him one for home. :)

We didn't get Ozzy any "big" toys this year. Just a few little things like a stuffed Mickey Mouse and a DVD of Mr. Peabody and Sherman (the old show, not the new movie).

Stacey, Jimmy is 16 months and weighs 10 kg, which is almost exactly 22 lbs. He's a little guy. :)

Heather, looks like you had a great time for Sam's birthday. Love the pics! And ohmygosh, I love the look on Ben's face in that one pic. Cheeky little guy with a sideways smile. So cute!

AFM, I had a scan yesterday! I think the results are in at the mat clinic, so I'm going to call them on my lunch to see if I find out how big baby was measuring. Then I'll have a more firm due date. And my gender scan is booked for Feb. 20th. Woo!

Rachael, I know you got the same pop-up toy for Jimmy because I stole it from you! :haha: You posted the link to it from Amazon, and I decided to get it for Liam. :flower:

That's so exciting that you had a scan yesterday and everything is looking good! And wow, February 20th will be here before you know it! I can't wait to find out what you're having. :)

Haha! Okay, I was wondering...

Well, I called and found out baby's measurements from yesterday. Was measuring 9 weeks 5 days, which is exactly one week bigger than the week before. So yay! That makes my new EDD July 16th rather than the 10th. Whatevs. I'll probably end up with another big baby no matter what. Ha!

Rachael, that's great that your scan on Monday went well and that you have some what of a better idea of your due date now! :flower: I can't wait to find out what you are having. I'm hoping for a girl for you! :)

Jordyn & Rachael, Sam had that same pop-up toy that you bought for your LOs. Now Ben will play with it here and there and Sam still is interested in it sometimes too.

We haven't bought anything for Christmas yet! :wacko: I'm the worst procrastinator when it comes to that kind of stuff. I feel like I do my best work/shopping while under stress :blush: :haha:

I don't think we will buy the boys anything real big this year since Sam got a lot of big things for his birthday and Ben still doesn't understand yet too much so we will probably get a few small toys and call it good. I've been telling everyone to get the boys books though if they plan to buy anything for them for Christmas.

Stacey, I don't blame you on not wanting to deal with the whole crying thing at night. That is honestly the reason why I didn't do it sooner with Sam since I wasn't mentally prepared to deal with it yet. I finally decided it was now time. And thankfully it has gone pretty well. The first night or two were the worst and not even as bad as I anticipated. Do you still give Eva a bottle or does she get a sippy cup?

So big news! Yesterday Sam went to daycare in underwear and when I picked up I was a bit nervous that he would have had an accident but he didn't! She said he did great so off to daycare this morning again in underwear...fingers crossed he's just as successful today! :thumbup:

Heather, that's great news about Sam not having an accident at daycare! Sounds like he's really getting the hang out it. :flower: I'll admit, I'm a bit jealous that so many of you are having success potty training your older kids. I ask Alia all the time if she's ready to try the potty, and she's always quick to yell, "No! I don't want to go on the potty!" I feel like I'll be changing three kids in diapers forever. :(

Rachael: yay I'm soo glad your scan went well! And yes February will be here before you know it!! I too will be hoping al girl for you!!!

Jordyn: don't give up on potty training. Alia will prob be one of the ones that when she's ready it will be a one day thing. She'll get there. :)

Heather: Eva drinks a bottle only at night. The other times during the day it's a sippy cup. I know that all it will take is three days then she will get over it haha but just don't wanna do it yet hahaha.

Jordyn, don't worry. Ozzy is not really potty trained at all. He is able to go on the potty, but hasn't really caught on the fact that he should do it every time. He usually only asks to go late at night after we already have him in bed. :dohh: I guess we should start asking him all throughout the day if he needs to go potty. That might help. lol

Stacey, sorry I don't know anything about bottles. Neither of my boys would take one.

Jordyn, don't get discouraged about potty training. I got really stressed out about it at first and kept asking myself what I am doing wrong and then we sorta just gave it a break for a month or so and now he is just deciding to wear underwear. I think if you go about it more relaxed the kids are more likely to catch on better.

I started training Sam right after Ben was born so its been a long journey! :wacko: And the thought of starting Ben shortly is sorta draining but at the same time I feel like I'm on a roll right now that I might as well just keep going and get it done. I refuse to change 2 kids diapers again!

But I can honestly say that potty training has been the biggest parenting hurdle thus far!

Stacey, maybe take away the bottle when you have 3-4 days off in a row that way you won't be so exhausted fighting her for it. However, she might be easy and not give you much trouble. :flower:

Rachael, do you have any ultrasound pictures for us to stare at?? :cloud9:

Tomorrow Sam has a preschool Christmas presentation and then gets to meet Santa after. I can't wait...it looks like its gonna be pretty cute! He was in it last year too but was so young or shy that he didn't really sing and just sorta stood there the whole time! :haha::dohh:

My brother is in town next week for Christmas so its gonna be different having him here. But I'll be off work from the 25-29th so we will get to spend some time together which will be nice.

Thanks, Heather. it's easy to see other kids doing things better/faster/easier than yours and think, it must be something I'm doing wrong. I'm definitely not going to push her into it if she's not ready. A lady at my church told me that she was so determined to get her first daughter potty trained that she ended up traumatizing her, and she was having accidents until she was in kindergarten. :( So I'll give her some time and see if she comes around to it, though she tends to be so scared of everything, so I'm afraid that she won't want to try it until she see's Liam doing it. :dohh:

Stacey, taking the bottle away may be easier than you think. With Alia, we just suddenly gave her a sippy cup at bedtime with milk in it, and she just flat out refused to drink it, and went to bed fine without the bottle. And that was the end of that.

Heather that should fun having your brother there to visit. My grandma, aunt, and cousin are all coming into town this Saturday, but I still don't know if any of them will be staying with us, or with my dad, because my family seems to hate planning anything. :wacko:

So good news! My DH got an awesome raise yesterday! I'm talking, an almost 30% raise. We're just so ecstatic! Apparently his boss wants to make sure that he's happy enough to want to stay there long term. So because of this, we should be able to get out of debt and finally build up some savings. :flower:

Jordyn, that's awesome about the raise! God is so good! And I agree about not pushing a child to be potty trained too early or before they are really ready.

Heather, I wish I had a picture! The tech wouldn't even let me take a picture of the screen. :( And at that place, you have to pay $12 to get a disc with like 4-5 pics on it. Booo. But we will pay for the 19/20 week pics! We did it for both boys, so I fee like we have to for this baby as well. lol

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and baby is looking great! She/he was hiding from the doppler, so I the doc got the portable us machine out. Got to see the heartbeat again and baby even wiggled around a bit for me. :)

My blood work results came back and I guess my iron is fine because she didn't mention it, just said everything was great. The only thing that was a little iffy was my fasting glucose test. I passed this one, but the standards for the actual GD screening are much stricter, so if it had been that test, I would have failed. *sigh* She asked if I wanted a prescription for some glucose test strips so I could check my blood sugar occasionally. That way if it's high I can start altering my diet. So, I guess I'll have to find my glucose monitor and go get some strips and then start poking myself randomly. lol

I'm feeling really good, though. Nausea is almost nil, been sleeping pretty well still (although Jimmy has had some rough nights in our bed the last little while). Feeling my energy starting to come back.

Hope you all are well!

Stacey, when you read this, I sent you a PM! I want to make sure you don't miss it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->