Anyone ttc that's considered high risk

Creolequeen81

Reaction score
I've been ttc #1 with no luck. I'm already considered high risk because I have Lupus but on top of lupus I have kidney disease as well as a result. Half of my team of doctors say yes have a baby and the other half says no. I'm totally confused. As are they. I have friends that have Lupus and they were able to get pregnant and carry full term. I've been able to get pregnant but I miscarry in the first trimester. I want so badly to be a mom I praying that the stars align for me soon.

I am ttc and high risk. My reason is different than yours but it is because I am diabetic. I learned that when I was pregnant with #1. It was really rough with him because I had all these extra things to do and appointments. With this one I have figured out a system that works for me and know what to expect. But it is still scary because I know all the things that can go wrong.

Do they think the miscarriages are from the Lupus?

They are not sure. However I did read that lupus can consider sperm a foreign object (which it is) and take it as a virus and kill it same for a fetus. It's heartbreaking but as I said I know people with Lupus that have children so I know it's possible. I guess I just have to wait for my time.

Lupus can cause recurrent miscarriages... Because with any autoimmune disease it is attacking its own cells as foreign. Not to freak you out as my mom has lupus and has had 2 children and I know ladies who have had healthy pregnancies also.

Yea that's what I've been told and what the research I found says. But I am hopeful that I'm able to get pregnant and carry full term.

Fingers crossed for you.my 16 year old daughter has lupus also... I myself have never been tested but with my mom and daughter having it I'm sure my chances are high... I'm just too scared to actually find out... That being said inhale had 3 live births one mc and just got a bpf today... So have hope.

Thank you! That's great! Congratulations!!! I know my time will come. My mother also has lupus but no one else in my family does. I'm going to start changing my diet and I've been thinking of going to a holistic doctor to see if they can help.

I'm high risk in future pregnancies because of recurrent miscarriage with so far no known cause. The midwife I was seeing pretty much said she is done trying to figure it out and handed me over to a high risk doctor. Two of my four first cousins have Sjogren's, which is a cousin of Lupus, but we can't tell if it is coming from my Aunt's side of the family (my side) or my Uncle's. I also have Huntington's on my mom's side and diabetes unfortunately runs in both sides of my family. Both of my great-grandmothers have 12 kids each so they didn't have issues getting pregnant but miscarriages are unfortunately quite common in my family as well. In addition my grandmother on my dad's side had an incompetent cervix so all of her babies were born prematurely. I've mentioned all these things to my new doctor and she's run tests but everything came back "normal" and there are still no answers. I have had two live births from uneventful pregnancies so I'm holding on to some hope that I can do it again someday. Hopefully we both get our sticky beans soon.

It stinks that they don't know the cause of you mc. If you did it twice before you can do it again. The stars will align for you hopefully sooner rather than later!! Fx!!!

Hi ladies just checking in. How's everyone been doing? I know we have one BFP anyone else get one or is trying?

I am classed as high risk too. I have a 4 year old and a 3 year old but my 3 year olds pregnancy was horrible.
Bled all the way through, placenta failed at 28 weeks, static growth and low liquor volume so was induced at 36 weeks. Now I have problems maintaining a pregnancy so if and when I do manage to get pregnant I will be under consultants as I'm high risk

Welcome? Do they know why you have an issue maintaining your pregnancies?

Welcome? Do they know why you have an issue maintaining your pregnancies?

They never really explained. Just said it's highly likely as my placenta failed at 8 weeks then when I eventually did get pregnant again they said the placenta had failed before my baby even got snug. They won't look further into things unless it happens 3 times.

So right now unexplained mc. I hope your next bean is a sticky one! Fingers crossed for you!! I'm considered high risk because of lupus. I'm the only one in my family that has any fertility issues. Everyone else you breathe on them and they're pregnant. It's odd that with your last full pregnancy they didn't have a diagnosis. I wonder why your on didn't investigate further.

I have no clue why they didn't investigate it would have been nice for them too. Maternity in my area is crap though tbh x

Have you thought about getting another ob? I had to get another one because the one I had wasn't listening. Doctors don't know everything and everyone is not a textbook case. It's clear that there's an underlying issue just from you telling me a little of your story. I deal with doctors a lot so I have no issue with voicing my opinion to them about my health. Good doctors listen to your concerns not dismiss them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->