Anyone use EM (Effective Microorganisms)?

adzuki

Mom to Miss M.
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a bottle of these for cleaning and such, but it is very expensive (12dollars, plus 10 for shipping!), so I wanted to know if anyone had experience with them and could recommend them or not.

Thanks!
A

I can't say i've even heard of them?!

I tend to use the basic lemon and white vinegar in a spray bottle or the standard antibac spray. My asthma plays up if i use anything with bleach in it or strongly scented.

Ugh - I am so sure that all the chemicals we spray around are not helping our health!

EM are apparently microorganisms from sources that we have in our body already (lactobacillus, etc) and they essentially "eat" away at organic matter - which would include bacteria such as salmonella and the like. Apparently they can even eat away at lime deposits and soap scum and the like. And you can use it in your compost to speed up decay. I have heard that because they eat e coli and salmonella - they are a good alternative to antibacterial stuff (though they themselves are bacteria). I am interested to know if anyone has tried this and if it works, etc.

Thanks!
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"