anyone used a saliva ovulation test?~*UPDATE PG 2*~

Hi all, I also using my microscope for the first time this cycle. I bought it on CD17 and tested that afternoon (after waiting for 2 hours since i ate anything) and i got complete ferning. however since then i have had ferning everyday and to my judgement it is more complete than partial. so im confused, not sure when i OV'd as FF is not showing it yet.

You can get partial or full ferning for several days leading up to ovulation.

However, a couple of cycles ago I got lots of ferning on and off randomly throughout, and I didn't ovulate at all that cycle (I assume my hormones were out of whack).

I'd recommend testing first thing in the morning, personally I'm not confident two hours without eating/drinking is enough, I prefer to do it first thing then I can be sure food or drink won't interfer at all.

Has the test you bought got the led light on it?

Oh and congrats hunnie :)

xx

Yes it is the one with the led light, Fertile-Focus one.

Im just a bit confused as to why i have had ferning everyday, but i will have to wait and see what FF says about OV first and then figure out why it is doing that.

Im testing in morning as i wake and put as much as i can over entire glass w no bubbles. Been doin for a week and i was to ovulate between monday n today so when i staryed it was 3-4 days before and i shoulda seen somethong. Im not sure if im doin wrong or its my eye sight but i can see a little in there but its Zero ferning. I havent seen one friggin line and im getting pissed. Meanwhile my opk were dark yesterday and today

I got one a few years ago and I was very unimpressed. It didn't work for me. I never got the ferning. After I spent about $70 and read the fine print it said that it might not work for everyone... Well that's helpful! Lol.

Congrats on your BFP! I'm really glad it worked for you. Maybe I just wasn't doing it right.

Hi - just found this thread after checking google. I bought a babystart ferning kit a few days ago. Nothing but blobs, until yesterday we looked at it later on and it was DEFINITELY crystalised ferning, like frost on a window on a whole section of the lens. I agree with the above, you need to get the right amount of saliva and leave it longer than it says I think to get the right result. Today I expected to see it again, or more, and there's a tiny bit growing to one side, but it's nothing like yesterday. I'm going to keep looking now, and wait, and do another one later as it suggests to test twice a day once you get a transitional phase.

I also used an OVK just to see whether it coincided and it did - I've had NO line other than the test line until yesterday it appeared - still negative, but was there.

I am hoping that line to be stronger therefore today and for same or more ferning today.

I too, have come off bc (on 5 Feb - was on it to regulate), so I just atm am just hoping and praying my cycles become regular and predictable-ish!

Then also, there are two surges in a woman's cycle I've read - the first should be a big surge, which is when ovulation happens, then the second, you'd see ferning and a day or two after AF will occur. I just hope that's not what's happening with me now, as I'm only on CD7. :( My CM is kinda C and W, so *bit* confused but def this test is helping overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->