Anyone used this or heard of it?

quaizer

Mom of 3 NTNP
Reaction score
Ive spent hours browsing all the different cloth nappies tonight and come across a product called soapnuts...

https://www.babybots.co.uk/soapnuts.htm

Has anyone used this product and is it really as good as it states?

P.s. Thanks ladies for all the information in this section. DH and I went out this afternoon and bought a few different cloth nappies to get a feel for what we fancy! :happydance:

Lots of people use soapnuts, some love them and some don't get on as well with them. If you search this forum for 'soapnuts' you get quite a few results - there have been some good discussions about them, how they work and how to use them.

I've got some. There are ok, but not as good at removing stains as washing powder. I use them on loads where there aren't any stains, which are getting fewer all the time now we're weaning!

ive tried them but im one of the people who dont really like them, i prefer detergent, spesh for getting stains out! x

i have these but i havent used them yet. i hear they are rubbish at getting out stains though, if you want it to smell nice, use essential oils

i realised my mistake :lol: so i changed my response

Lol at the pair of you!! :haha: i actually double-checked that I was in the right thread :ROFL:

Thank you ladies for your replies, Im thinking of sticking with my regular detergent. Can you recommend an essential oil. Any help you can give is much appreciated as Im brand new to this and soooooo wanting to get it right.

I love the smell of jasmine and lavendar, but would this be too strong for tiny sensitive little lady bits? And how much should I use?

Thank you ever so much ladies :flower: xx

I have lavender oil and use just a couple of drops. Though lately I haven't been using it, I use fairy non bio and that cleans my nappies up really well for some reason bold 2 in 1 doesn't get out asmmuch poo as fairy for me, though I know it's the other way round for others, them most of the time my nappies come out smelling nice n fresh , however sometimes they don't so I put them in again for a quick wash with a tiny bit bold 2 in 1 n then give an extra rinse and then they come out smelling nice, n then a hang on the line makes em smell even nicer! X

I've really tried to get on with them but I get annoyed that they dont get stains out! (spoiled by the new fangled washing products :) ) I didnt find a problem with smell though.
I still have some and periodically try them out! I also sometimes use them to make a nice cleaner for OH's table and highchair etc, as I dont really like using chemicals on them.

Thanks for all your replies ladies, youve really helped :) :flower:

I havent used Soapnuts but I've used something similar (it's a laundry ball with lots of little bally things in lol) in my nappy loads but tbh, I prefer using detergent. I use Surf with Essential Oils (the yellow one is gorgeous) and it always gets poo stains out (rinsing with cold water from a shower head then bunging in the machine does wonders for poo stains too) Whatever hasnt come out, usually disappears while drying outside :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->