Anyone used this site to cut down on shopping bill?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

This morning I had a leaflet come through from Ocado for £20 off an £80 shop. I have heard of them before but never used them and was wondering if anyone has to try cut down on shopping bill? We currently use Asda & Farmfoods (whose prices seem to be going up quite fast at the moment, farmfoods that is).

xx

They are the same as waitrose so things like meat and veg you might find are very expensive compared to asda. My voucher went straight in the bin knowing how expensive they are. xx

Lol. I buy my frozen chicken fillets from farmfoods as find asda can be quite expensive for those now. I may keep hold of the voucher and put what I need in a basket that I can see is cheaper and then the rest I can get elsewhere. :D

xx

Ocado is very nice, but premium. With the voucher it probably just puts it at a normal price, if not still more than Asda.
We get it every now and then for a treat.
We shop with Asda, but look out for deals to new customers from sainsbury's and tesco too-also, alternate between the 3 and they send our vouchers if you haven't shopped in a while to entice you back.
If you do decide to shop with ocado, go through quidco.com and get £7.50 cash back too.
xx

Thanks I love quidco!! :D Made over £300 so far in less than a year. Lol. I will prob give ocado a miss then! I am registered with sainsburys, tesco also but dont seem to get any offers through from them to shop online. Lol. xx

Thanks I love quidco!! :D Made over £300 so far in less than a year. Lol. I will prob give ocado a miss then! I am registered with sainsburys, tesco also but dont seem to get any offers through from them to shop online. Lol. xx

I know, quidcos great. got £35 from car insurance last year alone!
xx

Ocado and waitrose price match tesco on most things now and often have better offers on branded goods including nappies etc, it's no secret that a lot of those who run money saving blogs and sites use ocado. The waitrose and ocado essentials are better quality than the normal ranges at tesco etc but price wise are between the cheapie and normal ranges in other supermarkets. One of OHs friend is a notorious cheapskate but he went in waitrose and said the stuff was either the same price as or cheaper than tesco. The only reason we stopped using ocado is because we prefer to shop in the store as there are reduced about to go out of date stuff in the shop and you can use coupons as well xx

My parents shop online with waitrose every week anf their shopping bill has reduced. Like summer rain said, they price match on most things, the quality is great and they do free delivery (over £50)
:)

Ocado and waitrose price match tesco on most things now and often have better offers on branded goods including nappies etc, it's no secret that a lot of those who run money saving blogs and sites use ocado. The waitrose and ocado essentials are better quality than the normal ranges at tesco etc but price wise are between the cheapie and normal ranges in other supermarkets. One of OHs friend is a notorious cheapskate but he went in waitrose and said the stuff was either the same price as or cheaper than tesco. The only reason we stopped using ocado is because we prefer to shop in the store as there are reduced about to go out of date stuff in the shop and you can use coupons as well xx

Really?!! Thanks for that hun! Reading the leaflet it does say all identical branded products same price as tesco! I may try them this one time and see how I do (changed my mind 3 times in this thread!! :dohh: Lol) I go to my local small asda sometimes and get reduced things and chuck them in the freezer!! :haha:

xx

Another thing if you get a late night shop it is like £1.49 which for me is cheaper than asda delivery or a taxi when we do go shopping!!! Lol.

xx

If you book a few days in advance done delivery slots are even free-well they are in this area anyway. Honestly I'd give them a go. Another great thing about ocado is they sometimes have one off introductory or clearance offers, last year I didn't get to it on time but they had the big 100x boxes of Huggies reduced to £1.50 each as there was a new box design coming out. Also a brand of orange juice they sell was new last year and all the 1 litre cartons were only 49p, cheaper than any orange juice anywhere. I ordered the maximum allowed per customer which was 20 cartons xx

I've used Ocardo before, they are not expensive and I tend to pick a free delivery slot. They also tell you the minimun use by date on what you are ordering when you order it. Very very useful when planning meals for the week.

summer rain thats amazing!!

kay_baby thats great they do that as asda tend to send things that are due out of date within 1 or 2 days!!

xx

We've had the same offer and tried 3 times to do a shop but kept getting errors when it came to checking out so in the end we gave up! We had already done the full shop and I wouldnt shop there without the discount as did find a lot of products more expensive xxx

wouldn't say they have the best prices, but if you tend to buy branded good, they do price match on some of those. But this won't apply to own brand stuff which I think is more expensive
have a look on
mysupermarket.com and see who comes up cheapest on what you actually buy.

Having looked myself on a few items, Asda are usually cheaper, but only by a few pence, but they say if you look after the pennys the pounds look after themselves...

I think it depends what you buy for us asda sometimes comes out either most expensive or second most expensive on my supermarket site and besides which asda is terrible in this area and doesn't deliver to us xx

Thanks! We do have branded things eg. crisps beans soups etc. Main things we have non branded are things like tinned veg etc.

xx

I used a £20 off ocado voucher the other day instead of doing my usual shop at asda and the food tastes so much nicer, the veggies and fruit are much better quality than at asda. Yum!

I used a £20 off ocado voucher the other day instead of doing my usual shop at asda and the food tastes so much nicer, the veggies and fruit are much better quality than at asda. Yum!

:D Did you find it worked out more expensive?

xx

To be honest, you save with cost of fuel on home delivery. Its a godsend when you have a baby with you-shopping is so difficult isn't it?

Why don't you log on and try ocado for yourself? You can always abandon the shop and not bother if you don't like it
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->