Anyone using Rigevidon a type of contraception pill?

I had a weird issue where I was still bleeding on it for months, i only had a weeks break. It is meant to be EXACTLY the same as microgynon, but I demanded microgynon (I had been on it before) and I never had the same issues. The GP was confused too as they really are the same thing.

I've had no other side effects however

Hey, sorry to drag this old thread up again.

I was put on this about October time & was given enough for 3 months.
I was on microgynon before hand & was fine on it, no side effects at all, periods fine etc.

after about 10 days or Rigevidon i was getting headaches & pins & needles on one side (side effects). anyway i carried on taking it & my first period was weird (sorry if tmi) i bled for one day & wasnt even enough to fill a tampon.. the next 2 months were the same.

i went to the doctor & asked for microgynon, they gave me 6 months worth & i was fine again.

went back as run out & theyve given me rigevidon again :(

i said i didnt want it but they said i have no choice & its exactly the same as microgynon blah blah..

my periods are back to rubbish, im in agony with them, headaches, mood swings, put on weight ( not a bad thing as ive been seening a consultant as am under weight), they make me drowsy & again the pins & needles are back.

Has anyone experienced this?

I just want my old pill back but they wont let me :(

xx

It doesnt surprise me KayBea. I would swear theres something different - even although its just a cheaper brand, same ingredients, I'm not sold on it at all! I googled and many people had issues with it too.

I would try one last time otherwise I would threaten to switch doctors.

I looked on Google lastnight before posting on here & Loads of people are moaning about it.
I swear its not just a cheaper brand. I just cant cope with the headaches & mood swings.

im going to call today & see if i can see a female doctor/nurse, they seem to understand more. (thats how i got the microgynon before).
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->