Anyone using the new clearblue ovulation tests (purple monitor)

michellebby

Reaction score
As before just bought some come in packs of 10 measures lh and eostrogen
Has anyone tried them ad found them to be good? X

Well incase anyone reads this, been using the clearblue dual hormone indicator for about one week now and today I got my first flashing smiley on them the way they work is at the start u get circle like the original clearblue digital then you get a flashing smiley once an increase in oestrogen has been detected so hopefully in 1-4days I will get my solid smiley indicating lh surge apparently these tests give the 4 best days to conceive instead of the standard two days, still using normal opks too slightly darker lines yesterday no where near positive though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 39
Hi Michellebby! I'm using the cbfm his month for the first time. I'm finding it very clear, easy and simple to use, however, I really don't like the daily countdown. Currently in the 2WW and unable to put it out of my mind (which i can usually do) with the daily reminder that I've done all I can for the month :s Good luck using the sticks, I've not seen these (chose the cbfm on a friends recommendation) Let me know if they help you get your BFP this month :) Fingers crossed!

These tests seem good for me as my cycle length can vary a lot so Hoping that in next couple days I get a solid smiley indicating lh surge - very excited and hopefully I will get bfp soon - just glad I'm showing signs of ovulation at the moment
Good luck with ur 2ww hope u get the positive at the end x

These tests seem good for me as my cycle length can vary a lot so Hoping that in next couple days I get a solid smiley indicating lh surge - very excited and hopefully I will get bfp soon - just glad I'm showing signs of ovulation at the moment
Good luck with ur 2ww hope u get the positive at the end x

Yeh,I guess the silver lining is,failing BFP, atleast these sticks give you the comfort of knowing you're ovulating if you have irregular cycles! Thanks for your good luck wishes! Sending babydust your way too! Let me know how you get on :)

Hi Hun I'm using the dual hormone cb OPKs this month I started on cd3 got an empty circle then on cd4 got my flashing smiley face had one every morning since now I'm cd10 so that's 7 flashing smileys so far. Hope I get my solid smiley soon. Xx

Hey I'm on my fourth flashing smiley face today but today is the first day I have made out 2 lines on the tests! All tying up with my cycle so far expecting positive between tomorrow and Wednesday next week so fingers crossed still
Pic is from today's flashing smiley normal opk still negative too
Ps check out my groovy leggings :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 23
Should have said 3 lines in the test meant 2 in the control area

Wee update my digital test stick froze yesterday after giving me a false positive result the result did not leave after the recommended time (was still there last night) have emailed clearblue not happy as all my testing this month had been wasted and these tests are not cheap at £25 for 10 and I was on test 14 so two packs wasted in theory one sad bunny here :(

Uh oh, not good. You aren't the first person I've heard of ringing clearblue recently either! It's not just the money either is it? But the feeling of disappointment that you may waste another precious cycle! Maybe you should just DTD a few more times this month, you may get lucky??:hugs:

Wee update my digital test stick froze yesterday after giving me a false positive result the result did not leave after the recommended time (was still there last night) have emailed clearblue not happy as all my testing this month had been wasted and these tests are not cheap at £25 for 10 and I was on test 14 so two packs wasted in theory one sad bunny here :([/
QUOTE]

Hi hun when you get a positive the smiley face stays there so you know they are your 2 best days to concieve.
Why do you think it was a false positive? X

Hi thanks for the messages back the reason I am sure it was a false positive as I also use clearblue standard digital tests daily and I also use the cheapie Internet ones and none have been positive the response I got on email was:
We hope that you find the following useful. One of our Advisors has based their response upon the information that you have provided:

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

High fertility is first displayed when the holder detects a rise in estrogen levels compared to the first test done in that cycle. Once high fertility has been displayed the holder will continue to display high fertility with each daily test until peak fertility is displayed or a test is not performed for 3 or more days. Once peak fertility is displayed you can stop testing since ovulation occurs shortly after. The surge result will remain on the display for 48 hours. You will not be able to perform another test during this time and you can save the remaining test sticks for next cycle if needed.

Please be advised that the Digital Advanced Ovulation Test Sticks cannot be read by eye in the same way as an ovulation test that is designed to be read visually. Please disregard the lines and use the holder display to interpret your result. Be reassured that the holder monitors the test lines as they develop and would show an error if appropriate.

We hope that the above information is helpful.

I called as this is not answering my initial question
I am getting a pre paid envelope sent out so I can get it investigated the tests are horrendous for blue smudging will not use these again. I am still testing with normal tests and clearblue digital pink handle so far no luck
GUTTED is an understatement

The woman on the phone also said font use these tess with other tests I said both clearblue measure 40mlu and my Internet strips are 20 and they are negative so why the positive on the other one??? More confused than I was yesterday :/

Aww no I'm sorry your struggling with the tests doesn't seem like clearblue were very helpful though which is disappointing. I had 9 flashing smiley faces before I got a sold smiley on cd13 x

Were you doing other tests too? If I wasn't I would have believed the result that's why I am so confused today's tests were negative too so no idea was so happy after my positive yesterday then other tests negative which I wouldn't have expected grr trying to concieve is so soul destroying at times x

Ye I will post a picture if you want so you can see mine from cd10 to cd13. X

Might be helpful to see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 82
Did you do the digi and none digi at the same time? X

I had been using the dual hormone first thing and the other tests throughout the day from about 10am - bedtime either the dual hormone worked and the others did not or the other way around
Thanks for the pic x

Test that showed positive

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads