Anyone using the new clearblue ovulation tests (purple monitor)

Is there any chance the dual hormone opk caught the very tail end of your surge so was positive but the others just missed it show showed up negative. X

I don't think so but I am not a medical expert although sometimes I think I am :)
Still testing twice a day just wait for another positive or af at the moment still happy not had any spotting this month so that's at least something for me to be positive about hope you get a nice bfp this month. X

Another email fom clearblue after I replied I them yesterday

We hope that you find the following useful. One of our Advisors has based their response upon the information that you have provided:

It is expected that occasionally the results obtained with the Clearblue Ovulation Tests will vary. Provided that the same urine sample is used for both tests and that each product is used correctly the difference can be attributed to the way the information collected is processed by each of the products.

If different urine samples are used then the tests will display results based on different information and the potential for different results is increased. The concentration of urine samples also varies throughout the day depending on the amount of fluid consumed. For most women, the first urine of the day is the most concentrated sample.

Both products should show a Surge/Peak Fertility at LH levels of 40mIU/ml and above but can also show Surge/Peak Fertility results at lower levels of LH if increases compared to previous tests are sufficient.
The duration of the LH Surge also varies from woman to woman and cycle to cycle and is typically 24-48 hours but can sometimes be shorter.

Peak Fertility is displayed on the Dual Hormone product for 2 days as there is no need to continue testing once the LH Surge has been detected. The two most fertile days begin when the LH Surge is first detected, the duration of the LH Surge has no effect on the fertile days.

Both tests are designed to give an error symbol if a test stick has not run correctly. Smudged tests are typically seen if a test is sampled for the incorrect amount of time or if the test is not kept pointing downwards during and after sampling. If a result has been shown on the display then the Holder has been able to read the test and the test has passed all the checks that the Holder makes as the test is running.

I understand that our Advisor has arranged to investigate your Holder and used test stick for reassurance and we will report back our findings as soon as we can.

Test from 10am clearblue digital negative but think the Internet test is positive?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 37
Michellebby, I had the same problem tonight with my clear blue advance. I've had a flashing smiley for 2 days and then tonight it was a solid smiley so I tested with the regular cb digi and it was neg. not sure which one to believe :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 11
Hey girls. Thought id give you my verdict on these new sticks.

Tried them and used on the current cycle. Got 3 days high fertility then today got my peak. Also been testing with other opks (cheapy internets and clearblue digi). Overall verdict is good but wasnt expecting to use so many sticks, thought id only need 3 (2 for high then 1 for peak). Xxxxx

Hey thanks for the replies - I got a letter back yesterday and a new pack of tests (which I have just put on eBay) they said too much urine was used on the test which have a false result I am very precise with how long I hold it in the sample and how I hold the test after but seems its quite common so will never use these again unless they revise it a bit would prefer the solid smile to go away so I can continue testing in this situation.
For the majority of people they will get the correct results but I will stick to the standard digi and the ic for now
New cycle using first response daily tests seem to be good so far :)

Am using that test now, for the first time.
CD11 circle (low)
CD12 smiley (peak)
CD13 flashing smiley (high)
CD14 still flashing

I'm surprised that it jumped from low to peak in one day, but lingering highs seem like either I might get another peak or just lingering hormones. They say to stop after you get your peak but I won't stop till I get back to low.

However, I had spotting CD11 probably ovulation spotting and the peak was probably correct.

The "surge" result was not held on my reader for 48 hours and I've been perfectly able to use it since then.

I never was happy with the comparing lines type tests, but these aren't really much easier - lots of questions it seems

Hey oneknight. That does seem a bit strange but if you believe the peak was not a true one then you should defo keep on testing. I would get in touch with clearblue and explain about the stick not staying peak for 48 hours, at the very least you should ask for a replacement one! Xxx

I believe the peak was probably correct, due to the spotting the day before and the fact that my cycles have gotten shorter recently (27 days) indicating ovulation probably before CD14. With a peak on CD12 FF gave me an ovulation day of CD13 which would be "perfect" for a 27-day cycle.
The test instructions don't really say anything about post-ovulation results because you're "supposed" to stop after getting a peak. It was my thinking that maybe my body geared up to O but hasn't yet, hence still getting highs, but I really don't know. It was my understanding from the line tests that the lines get lighter but don't completely disappear, so it also seems normal to get high readings for a few days post-o. I will know more in a few more days I'm sure.

I used the purple ones in march on the same cycle that I used the cbfm for the first time as well and I didn't get a peak on either one. I stopped testing after 10 days as I knew I ovulated already by temps and I didn't want to keep wasting money. I liked the purple ones better than the cbfm but I was disappointed that I never got a peak reading. For now I'm just sticking with my cheapies.

Seems like a lot of problems with these tests, shame as they are a good idea but like most things in life the simple option is better and cheaper I am just using one step ovulation and boots or clearblue normal digitalis not fussed in brand I pee on sticks to much to care hoch brand the cheapest will do :)
About to try soy Iso this coming month so hoping for a positive opk as I rarely ovulate wish me luck girls
Ps the solid not staying seems like a fault as the result is supposed to stay to prevent more testin after the peak x

I got peak again CD15 and it stayed on the reader this time. I also got EWCM and when I released the stick my line was darker than the "control" (as it were)

I started temping (again) that day, and my temp dropped today? I'm still not even sure what to think.
I scheduled my 21-day progesterone test according to my first "peak" so maybe that will tell us somethin!!

Did you have yor cd21 test oneknight?

This is just an update on my clearblue digital advance sticks. Verdict this cycle is also good, took a regular opk, the normal cb digi and the advance one all 3 showed positive (see pic attached).

Ive only needed to use the one advance stick this cycle. I wasnt expecting to ovulate so early!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/bernardblack/20130626_063351_zps4132d53c.jpg

Yes, today. I almost passed out after the blood draw!!
But the results came in quick. They said I was a little low. Maybe I ovulated later, or maybe I'm just low. I think she said 5 and they wanted 6, so it doesn't sount THAT low, but I don't know what the scale is on this.

Blood tests are a pain, arent they?! (quite literally) i always tell whoever is drawing my blood im very prone to fainting and they usually help distract my thoughts :)

So are you going back for another test? Have a google see what other women say about those figures xxz

I have kinda low blood pressure, and from what I read it causes a sudden drop in BP and oxygen to the brain, and by falling out you automatically lay down and restore blood/oxygen to the brain and it fixes the problem.
I had to have blood drawn again today for another test for an unrelated issue (horrible pain in my right side liver area checking liver function) and I had them do it laying down and stayed laying down for 5-10 min after and I didn't have any problem today. So I definitely recommend laying down after if you're prone to fainting!!!!
(My dr visit today was inconclusive, pending lab results - got some pain meds and hoping they figure it out soon)

me and the hubby have just started the ttc process and bought the clear blue advance ovulation tests to help us.
Now just some info on me, I have very irregular periods, going on 3 months without one now, but had blood work last week that came back all normal so the dr doesn't know why I'm not having a period, although all my life my cycles have been like this. Because of these irregularities I have no idea when or if I even ovulate every month hence why I bought these tests.
On Saturday I took the 1st test and surprisingly the result was a solid smiley! bought a generic ovulation kit to compare but that one came back negative. Either way me and hubby did the baby dance Saturday night as well as that Wednesday prior. Since Saturday all the generic tests have been negative and today, now that the clear blue smiley face is finally gone, it too is negative.
I guess my question is what is the likelihood that the 1st test I took that was positive was accurate? especially on the very 1st try, it just doesn't seem likely to me.
I plan on using these tests everyday until I get a peak solid smiley again to see if this helps me get an idea on when I ovulate, I just don't want to get my hopes up from that 1st test.

me and the hubby have just started the ttc process and bought the clear blue advance ovulation tests to help us.
Now just some info on me, I have very irregular periods, going on 3 months without one now, but had blood work last week that came back all normal so the dr doesn't know why I'm not having a period, although all my life my cycles have been like this. Because of these irregularities I have no idea when or if I even ovulate every month hence why I bought these tests.
On Saturday I took the 1st test and surprisingly the result was a solid smiley! bought a generic ovulation kit to compare but that one came back negative. Either way me and hubby did the baby dance Saturday night as well as that Wednesday prior. Since Saturday all the generic tests have been negative and today, now that the clear blue smiley face is finally gone, it too is negative.
I guess my question is what is the likelihood that the 1st test I took that was positive was accurate? especially on the very 1st try, it just doesn't seem likely to me.
I plan on using these tests everyday until I get a peak solid smiley again to see if this helps me get an idea on when I ovulate, I just don't want to get my hopes up from that 1st test.

Hi Everyone- I am new to B&B, but I wanted to reply to this thread. I thought the first test would give a solid circle. Then it would go high fertility and then Peak ...if you peak that month. I would call ClearBlue and ask. Maybe you took it really late but from reading other posts and my own personal research on it, the test is suppose to monitor your surge from low to high. Good Luck!

I tried this product. This is my first time I have ever tried anything. I tried it last month and nothing. I got the solid circle 10days from start of period, flashing smiley face 3days after solid circle and the solid smiley face 4 days after flashing face. I did the BD several times on flashing and solid faces. Not sure what I did wrong :dohh:...but will keep trying!

I wish everyone much luck!!!

I'm cd18 with 9 blinking smiley faces. I'm glad to see someone had 7 blinking smiley faces. My friend said the most she ever got was 4. I'm a little nervous because I haven't even hit peak fertility yet and AF is due the 2nd week of December. Tried calling Clearblue Easy's 1-800 #, but they're "closed for the holiday". Anybody else experience something similar? Thanks Ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->