Anyone waiting as long as me?

Kiki1993

Reaction score
Is anyone here waiting from a timescale of anything between 3 years - 8 years? Our is so dependent on things we can't predict so our time scale is so vague, anyone else in the same or similar boat? (waiting long term) What are you guys doing from now until then, coping techniques for not getting too broody?

Wow that must be so hard not having a set time!!

When we (I) 1st set a tentative date it was over 4 years of waiting! So I know what its like to wait so long before you can even start trying!
Hang in there - its hard I won't lie, but the time will eventually tick round! We are finally only 4-5 months from our throwing-out-the-contraception date and honestly i'm now starting to freak out about how close it is!! Guess we can't win!! 😜

I can see from your ticker that you will be getting married -my advice would be to throw your energies into that to help the time pass! And enjoy being here, its a lovely community to pass the time in!! Xx

By the time I get to TTC, I will have been waiting about 2 1/2 years. Up until recently, I didnt have a date which seemed to make it worse. But like a pp said, throw yourself into wedding planning. It will give you something to focus on which will make waiting much, much easier. I also spent a lot of time looking at baby names and doing research into the latest parenting recommendations and what not. :)

I'm not sure how long I'm waiting. :shrug: Hopefully I'll have children before it's too late.

I'm not sure how long I'm waiting. :shrug: Hopefully I'll have children before it's too late.

I know the feeling. Two years til we chuck the contraception out the window and that's only if I get ongoing at work (so I get maternity leave and have a job to come back to). If I don't, you know what, screw it, I'm not waiting any longer and we will get by somehow.

Having mini goals is helping - get my weight under control, buy a house - but even those take So. Freaking. Long.

Sorry - having an impatient day today! feeling you on the long wait thing.

When we finally TTC, I will have been waiting for over 3 years. You just need to fill your life with many wonderful things to help pass time. :)

I have about 2-1/2 to 3 years of waiting as of now. I started wanting a baby last summer so by the time I get there it'll have been 3 to 3-1/2 years. I am in my masters program which is taking up a lot of my time and energy now though so I'm not as fussed as I was when I was not doing anything. After I finish my degree next spring then I will have the summer to get ready for my first year of teaching in the fall.

Wow that must be so hard not having a set time!!

When we (I) 1st set a tentative date it was over 4 years of waiting! So I know what its like to wait so long before you can even start trying!
Hang in there - its hard I won't lie, but the time will eventually tick round! We are finally only 4-5 months from our throwing-out-the-contraception date and honestly i'm now starting to freak out about how close it is!! Guess we can't win!! 😜

I can see from your ticker that you will be getting married -my advice would be to throw your energies into that to help the time pass! And enjoy being here, its a lovely community to pass the time in!! Xx

We are aiming for that date, we are both going back to college so don't know if we can afford it yet but we are aiming for that date but should know by next year if we can do it or not x

I've been waiting since i was 17 maybe longer, i've always wanted kids and started visiting here at 16 as a guest and joined i think when i was 17? So far thats 3 years officially on here, with a 6 month break ttc but then so much changed, i quit my permanant job for tem which was better pay, my oh is now on temp until college, we are both going back to college for 2 years minimum for me 1-2 years for alan, once alan is finished if he gets a job straight away then we could get married that year if not it will need to be a bit later :( i just hate how everything is so up in air :/
i went from trying, having our own place, permanant jobs to temp jobs, living back home and going back to college. But heres hoping i get a job i love after it x

I know the feeling. Two years til we chuck the contraception out the window and that's only if I get ongoing at work (so I get maternity leave and have a job to come back to). If I don't, you know what, screw it, I'm not waiting any longer and we will get by somehow.

Having mini goals is helping - get my weight under control, buy a house - but even those take So. Freaking. Long.

Sorry - having an impatient day today! feeling you on the long wait thing.

My problem is that I'm still single and still live with my mom.I don't really want to have children while still living at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->