Anyone want a homebirth?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
I've been thinking about home birth quite a bit but I had a very medicalised birth with my first and I thought this might make the midwives say no.
Just been at my first midwife appt and she said she will ask the consultant whether I'd be ok for a home birth, but she did say it's ultimately my choice. So I'm pretty pleased.
Does anyone else want a homebirth at this stage?
I am aware that as my pregnancy progresses I might change my mind or there may be complications which arise etc but for now I'm up for it!

I am tempted to this time but I am aware last time with DD I was blue lighted from a midwife led unit to a bigger hospital. I think I'll just see how this pregnancy goes.

I plan too. (And hey from Scotland! :) )

You should check out the home & natural birthing section if you haven't:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/home-natural-birthing/

I've done it twice...both my children are homebirths! The second one (with my daughter) was actually blissful!! I had FUN during my birth, believe it or not! It was fantastic.

I'll definitely aim to do it this time too. :)

The key is finding a midwife who is very chill and who you are totally comfortable with!

Yes I am having a homebirth this time. I had wanted home births with my girls but circumstances didn't allow for that. I had smooth births in hospital that would have been wonderful at home and being at home wouldhave avoided the negative parts that happened needlessly at my births. Im very much looking forward to being in my own comfortable environment this time without machines beeping and strangers walking in and seeing me naked without so much as an introduction.

I would! I'm a bit scared in case anything went wrong though

I'm in the UK, and unless there's anything dangerously wrong with me or the baby at the end, I've no intention of going into hospital

I want to be at home, where I'm comfortable with as little fuss as possible

I would! I'm a bit scared in case anything went wrong though

An experienced midwife will usually be able to tell in if something has gone wrong and will recommend transport. That's what they are trained to do, a quality nurse certified midwife won't allow you to birth at home if something in your labor is not proceeding normally. Trust that the midwife knows what she's doing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->