Anyone want to share their experiences?

Tammy77

Reaction score
Hi,

My DH and I are gearing up to TTC in Feb so I've just stopped taking Yaz as of this last Friday (ended up stopping after my 4th pill of the pack, so I had 4 days of placebos, then 4 active and I'm on day 4 of no pills). I was on it for about 3 yrs and haven't had a real bleed in at LEAST a year. I'm pretty much terrified of my first real AF! haha

Anyhow, I'd lot to hear about what your experiences were with getting off of BCP. I'm charting to get the "lay of the land" so to speak for when we start TTC. I've noticed that my temp is already coming down and being less erratic, I've started having a bit more acne and I feel like I have more energy. Is it too soon to contribute these changes to getting off of the BCP?

Also, how long before your cycles returned to normal, and if you were charting, how long after you stopped did you ovulate?

I know, tons of questions! Sorry!! :blush:

It's been over 12 years since I've been on hormonal bc, so I can't even remember, lol.

Just wanted to say hi and wish you luck.

Hi I came of BC in June 2008 with my DS and fell pregnant in the Feb 2010 when I was 35.Going for #3 this time.I came of BC in August 2011 so this is my 3 month TTC.My cycles returned to normal straight away I have a 35 day cycle and my OPK detect my LH surge on the 17th.No luck as yet.Am due my AF Thursday and I know shes coming I can feel her.Good luck on your journey of TTC for February.X

Thanks, ladies. I turn 35 in March (hope it's okay for me to jump in here a little early) otherwise I probably wouldn't even worry about it. I just feel that clock thudding away so I'm anxious to see some changes! :thumbup:

Curently TTC #2 with DH ....secondary Infertility. (I got pg with 3 then couldnt get pregnant again) Remarried in Aug 2008. Using donor sperm due to DH failed vasectomy reversal in July 2009. On 100 mg Clomid due to Advanced MAternal Age. (just to give me a boost) Got pregnant last year with our 6th IUI. DD was born April 2, 2011. We are currently TTC #2 together. Just did 2nd IUI on Oct 15. Today I am 5 dpIUI
Will be testing on Oct 28

Lara - 43
DH - 49
married Aug 30, 2008
TTC #2 together

FSH 9.2
AMH 0.97
Estradol 59.3

Experienced unexplained infertility after #3
Took 14+ yrs to conceive again
5 IUI's = BFNs
6th IUI = BFP
DD born 04/02/2011

Doing IUI w/donor sperm
Clomid 100 mg
Progesterone 14.5 @ 7 dpIUI

IUI #1 (09-16-11) = BFN
IUI #2 (10-15-11) =

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1317358800z7z28z13.png

I went off bcp around age 35 and I would say it took me at least 2 years to have regular 29-30 day periods. I had no idea my hormones would be so out of whack for so long. I was really worried and thought I was menopausal! It also seemed to be seasonal (fewer periods in the winter). My doctor wasn't concerned at all though and said a lot of women take time to adjust and in any case she didn't expect my periods to be like they were when I was in my twenties. Before TTC I was like clockwork again. It only took 3 months and I was only just starting to get serious about temping, etc. This isn't to say it will take you two years to conceive. It just means having a season or two of erratic cycles doesn't actually mean anything about your fertility. Do start writing everything down including PMS symptoms etc. It will really help you assess where you are at and give you insights for the two week wait!

I can only go back to my first pregnancy here. I stopped BC in January 2009(after 16 years) and had my first real AF in February 2009 and conceived in March 2009. Everyone is different but if you are taking note of your temps then you will know for definate if you ovulate.

Good Luck.

Wendy
x

I took 6 days worth of BCP 2 months ago just to try and delay AF for a week due to work commitments, since then I've had 2 really bad cycles with delayed Ov and shortened LP, hopefully this cycle everything will be back to normal, that was only 6 days worth of BCP so I think everyone is different, some are more sensitive that others :wacko:

I went off the BCP back in May/June, after being on it since my teens, on and off; mostly on. I have to say, I was prepared for the worst, but my cycle kept on churning without any huge variances. I've gone from a 28 day cycle to 30 days, and the only really different thing is that my boobs start hurting the day after ovulation now. Which sucks, but it could be much worse. My period is still pretty light (it always was) and lasts only about 3-4 days still.

I wasn't charting at the time, so I dunno about all that.

Anyway, good luck! I hope you don't have any wacky happenings. :)

I'm like Ready and havn't been on BC in about 13 years so :shrug: what do I know. Infact I didn't even know your AF stops when your on it.

However, I would say charting is great and will really help you figure out how your body is reacting to things.

I'm like Ready and havn't been on BC in about 13 years so :shrug: what do I know. Infact I didn't even know your AF stops when your on it.

Not all BC pills do that, just a couple of brands. I had a period every month on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->