Anyone want to talk about their dog?

ImSoTired

mommy to 2 girls
Reaction score
So I've had this dog for 8 years. She seemed really healthy until this summer when she started slowing down a bit. As to be expected for an overweight 8 year old dog,right? Now I think she has arthritis and she has also started barking a lot lately (annoying!) She doesn't seem like she's in terrible pain, just a little sore maybe especially since the weather is getting cold. I can poke at her joints and all and she doesn't wimper. I'm really worried about her but I can't afford to be running to the vet. I was thinking of getting her a joint supplement from a pet store. Anyways I love my dog but don 't always have the time for her. Anyone is welcome to comment or post about their pets. I'm just curious.

We give our dog cod liver oil capsules that are meant for humans - much cheaper and do the same job. It's great for their joints and makes their coat nice and shiny too.

Heidi is a chocolate lab, she's such a little sweetie. Feel a bit sorry for her really, she was our "baby" for 3 years and now LO is here we have so much less time for her :(

My dog is a black lab. She doesn't get the excersise she used to when she was younger and it shows because she is chubby. Not super heavy but she's rounded lol. Thanks for the suggestion. Does she take them in her food? Does she have joint problems too?

As far as I know labs are prone to joint pain/problems as they get older, I have 2 of them and remember reading that at the start of puppy training . Good idea about the cod liver oil capsules, I'd never have thought of them but it makes lots of sense :thumbup:

Yes we have always had labs and when they get to be about 8 or 9 (the females we had anyway) would pack on a few extra lbs and limp around especially when the weather gets cold. The only thing I'm worried about is if I can even get her to eat her food with cod liver oil in it. She (like many other labs) is very smart and she may refuse food that isn't to her liking.

Before Kobolt passed, we used to give up Ortho Biflex...vitamin for arthritis. It seemed to help him a little. He was a black lab/border collie

Before Kobolt passed, we used to give up Ortho Biflex...vitamin for arthritis. It seemed to help him a little. He was a black lab/border collie

Thanks. I really want to give her something to take the edge off and with the holidays here I can't really afford to take her to the vet right now. Pllus she is absolutely terrified of the vet and taking her sends her into shock for like 2 days! She's just so stubborn. I guess I am too though. lol

I am so angry at the dog right now! She woke me up at 1:30 am barking! Then i put her out this morning at around 7:30 and she continued to bark! She's still barking!:growlmad:! There is no reason for it! There is no urgency in her bark. She's just casually brking to hear her own voice. My neighbors must love me. I feel so bad and embarassed! DOEs anyone know how to stop her from barking?

Wish I could help with the barking issue :S Dog stuff is definitely more OH's area!

We have a 14 year old rottie shepherd named Pink Floyd :)thumbup:) and despite his age, he is still in excellent health. FX'ed that we still have at least a few years left with him. He is still such a healthy dog.

The extra weight will put even more pressure on her joints. You need to make cuts in her diet if she isn't exercised as often as she should be.

The barking sounds like she's bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->