Anyone who has done egg sharing?

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I wondered if you could help, me and DH are looking into treatment, I think we probably need Icsi but either way the only way we will afford is with egg sharing. I gather that the costs still involved vary quite a bit. Really I just want to get an idea of how long it will take us to save before we can start the process of finding out I am a suitable donar.

Would you mind telling me what procedures you have had or are having and what this has cost you or is going to? If you could tell me the clinic you used that would be even better!

Thanks so much for you help x

I am attending a fertility clinic "open day" tomorrow. This is their website. Looks like there is a donor egg talk in Liverpool this week. Any chance you could go? They are free.

https://www.carefertility.com/

Actually Care Sheffield is the place that we are looking into, where is the open day? Thank you x

Hi
I've never shared my eggs but have been a recipient of an egg share cycle. I think the criteria can vary but where I was treated on the South Coast there had to be no issues with the female partner, so completely male factor. The couple got their cycle half price so about £3k rather than £6k.

I would find out if you are eligible first and what discount you get as there is quite a big difference in price. Are you not entitled to an nhs cycle? - sorry just read your sig! Sadly no to nhs!

Xx

I am about to do egg sharing (I am the donator)

I have to pay 1100 up front for the ivf.

I also have around 3 ultrasounds before that I need to pay for. I think every appointment etc once Injections start is covered by other couple. If anything comes up. Example. My first ultrasound they found polyps. I had to pay for surgery to scrape out. Also if I happen to have any to freeze. It would be 600 for me to freeze. And 2500 plus meds to do a fet in the future. Hope this helps! Every place is different. The only thing that I had to pay up front is 1100. All other costs that come up are bill able which means you could be put on a payment plan if need be

Thank you for all your help! That's right unfortunately we can't have any on nhs as I am blessed enough to have three little boys so I think it's only fair that we don't qualify for nhs really xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->