Anyone who has had an episiotomy...??!!

Take it easy ,rest up! Don't feel bad about OH doing everything , my goodness, you pushed the baby out!! LOL.
Try some witch hazel pads and keep it clean and rested...

I too had split stitches. Boy it was painful. Generally they won't re-suture as the risk of infection is too high and i was told that amny ladies heal beautifully anyway. Unfortunately it does take longer and you'll have to take it as easy as you can and be gentle! After a good few weeks i returned to my midwife and i was then referred to the consultant. It turned out that i wasn't one of the lucky ladies who managed to heal wonderfully and a good number of weeks later i had surgery to refashion the whole thing. That was nearly six months after birth and it was, in effect, an open wound. So painful. 6 months on and things are pretty much back to normal. Keep going to the dr and getting help when you're in pain. They can help if everything doesn't go back to normal. As others have said, wash gently, hair dry, if it stings pour from the front (pours the wee away from the stingy bit), lashings of baddedas or drops of lavender oil. Oh and pain killers! i seem to recall being told to keep going with the pelvic floor exercises as it promotes healing too. I hope this is of some help and that you heal soon.

same thing happened to me.
it took 6 months to heal, and sex hasn't been the same since.
get a referral to a gyno IMmEDIATELY! i had a referral but couldn't go as i was expecting again.
they offered to operate and set it right.
i healed ok but i am NO WAY right down there. (ended up with an emergency c-section with my son) i can feel the scarring from where stitches came undone.
cant help but think it was because of the scar tissue down there!
GOOD LUCK HUN xxx

One other thing - something that i struggled with that i thought i'd warn you about, is the fact that if it does take longer for you to heal, then unfortunately there aree many people who think that as you're past your 6 week check up you should be better (!!!!!), and are completely confused as to why you're not back to normal after 4 months or so etc. It really confused me and made me feel like a right failure. I ended up just telling everyone if they asked or passed comment, and it seemed to either make them wince or simply leave me alone. I guess if nothing else it explained why i was hobbling about after returning back to work after my maternity leave!

oh... lavender oil in your bath hun! works wonders xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->