• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone who has had medical mamagement for a MMC. Advice please!!

L

LilMiss_91

Ok so, long story short, 26th June I went for my 12wk scan and was told baby had stopped growing at around 7wks.
I was admitted to hospital last night (3 days after the scan) and was given pessaries to make my cervix dilate and uterus contract. I began bleeding lightly 4hrs later and had a follow up lot of pessaries. Bleeding continued to be light, all very liquidy with just 2 or 3 very small clots (normal period like clots). Since about 3am the bleeding has got lighter and lighter with no more clots at all and now (24hrs after the initial lot of pessaries) it's turned into the tiniest bit of pink discharge when I wipe.

Does anybody know if this is right? I've checked my cervix and it only seems about 2/3cm dilated (if that). I have had hardly any cramps or discomfort the whole time and that's entirely stopped too. The nurses told me it could last 2-3wks but didn't mention it potentially stopping so soon. Anyone with any experience please let me know if this is normal. I need to know whether to prepare myself to go back into hospital :cry:

I had labor-like contractions with my mc starting around 11 PM on June 21st. About 1 AM I felt an intense urge to push so I went to the toilet and passed everything in 2 gushes. That was it for me. I haven't had any bleeding since and my cervix also feels slightly dilated (I'm not experienced enough to tell how many cm). Mine was natural though but the reason I responded is because yes, you can still have a mc with minimal cramping and you don't always have to bleed for 2-3 weeks for it to be complete. It usually depends upon how far along you were when the baby died and how much your body re-absorbed before the miscarriage started. With mine the sac was already starting to collapse via my 8 week scan. I think my body absorbed most of it and I only passed what I needed to. This could be what your body is doing as well. If you're concerned, you could go to your doctor for a follow up scan once the bleeding stops to make sure everything passed. Good luck to you and lots of hugs!

Well, I spoke to my GP today and he phoned the hospital. They confirmed that nothing had passed during my stay and I know it definitely hasn't since I've been home. Bleeding is still pretty much non-existent so my Dr has got me a scan booked for tomorrow afternoon as he thinks it needs looking into to check if anything is actually happening or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->