Anyone with a Smaller Luteal Phase?

SummerMother

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am a new member to the site and I am just wondering if anyone of you ladies experiences a smaller Luteal phase. For any of you who are unsure of that term it is the amount of time between O and AF. On a normal 28 day cycle your Luteal phase is normally 14 days (Text book math).

I am asking this because I do not keep track (Temp, CM, Test) my O. Therefore I am truly unsure when my O date is.

My Fiancé and myself DTD On May 14,2015. I had AF when she was due on May 19,2015. Now please note that AF was NOTHING like she usually is that 3-4 days. I normally get cramping the day I start AF(Never the rest of the days) in both my front pelvic area and the small of my back and she comes right away with a fairly heavy flow. I usually experience 2 nights having to get up in the middle of the night to refresh myself and change the Tampon. AF usually slows down late the 3rd day or 4th day and clears up normally within half a day. I am usually very icky feeling and tired and AF is red. I never have headaches before or even during AF.

Now this AF that I had May 19-May 21/22 was just Different....May 18 I had a headache nearly all day. I contributed it to being outside in the sun all day and did not take any advil/ibuprofen/Tylenol.

I woke up on the 19th of May to get ready for work and went to the bathroom as per usual. I wiped and had some brown/blackish discharge when I wiped. I figured AF was coming so i put in a Tampon and off to work I went. I cramped the 1st day as usual with same intensity but it was only the small of my back at work. I went to change my tampon a couple hours later when I went to the bathroom to find hardly anything in the tampon (unusual). I inserted another thinking maybe she was just coming slower than normal. Fast forward to when I am home from work and I went to change my toiletries again to find more but still not the usual amount of discharge. It was more brown/pink this time. The next morning May 20th I wake up and go to the bathroom again and wipe to find pink discharge. I changed tampon and went to work. By afternoon it seemed AF came back at a normal rate except a lot more clotting than normal and an almost mucus consistency. That night I had to wake up to change my tampon and it was really heavy and dark blood. The next morning May 21 it tapered off as it normally does on the 3rd day enough that I went without a tampon by dinner time but I had cramping that I usually only get on the first day but again the small of my back. Then May 22,2015 I seemed to get red discharge for a bit (2 hours or so) and then it stopped for good. Please note that through out AF I was having a metallic taste in my mouth this never happens. I was also more pleasant to be around (probably because I wasn't feeling overly sick or having horrible cramps which is usually the norm for me).

Saturday May 23 I went on a small road trip to order my Wedding Bands to a nearby town. I decided to stop into Davids tea to get a fresh brewed iced tea with sweetener(I usually use honey). I chose a black tea (which I always drink). I had hardly 5 sips and I started to feel queasy. Now I am known to pack away the tea (green, black mostly) and I have NEVER had an aversion. May 24 it happened again but with hot green tea with honey and milk. I haven't tried tea since. I did have an iced coffee and that went down fine...

I was also noticing random twinges (didn't hurt at all) and a tingly sensation in my vagina a couple days. They only lasted a couple seconds and were gone. I honestly was attributing the random twinges to gas as I have been gassy (which is normal around AF) except that I was clearing my dog out of the room....I have also the last day and a half been having looser BM than normal. Well lets correct that LATER during AF than normal. I do get loose bowel movement the 1st 2 days of AF not usually after. Slightly bloated as well.

As for swollen/sensitive bb's-nothing. Smell-nothing. Mood change-not that I have been told.

I was feeling so funny that I took a HPT on May 24,2015 right in the morning and it was a BFN. I wasn't surprised about that.

My main question is if anyone has a late Luteal phase (1 week or later) did you still get a period? I have read and heard a few women do still get their scheduled period early in there pregnancies therefore didn't even know they were pregnant for months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->