Anyone with children who are lego mad??

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Right my son is all of a sudden into lego...he has asked for different kinds of lego for Christmas which include star wars, chima etc...do you buy them different kinds of lego? Does it keep them entertained? Or should I just get one brand of lego and that's it? x

My DS is Lego obsessed. You can't move in his room for all the Lego on the floor! We buy him different sets as he likes the variety. He's had pretty much all the Lego Star Wars sets (bar the ridiculously expensive ones!), lots of different Lego City sets, Lego Chima, Lego Super Heroes and then just some random sets too. He loves following the instructions and building the models but within a week they're destroyed and all the Lego is mixed up. He builds his own ideas from then on.

We have several themed sets stored in their boxes as I hate it when they get mixed up in addition to a big box with basic ones.

Thanks ladies...im glad to hear its normal! I think he has got around 4 different sets of lego for Christmas!! x

Lego is great! Hope your son enjoys it. We had hours of fun out of it as kids

Quick question for you more experienced ladies: When did you start lego with your kids? My DS (4 and 3 months old) got a small Creator set for Christmas, and he actually followed the instructions to build the three different cars by himself (all I had to do is help him take apart a couple of the tiny little bits between builds - these pieces are so much smaller than I remember...). Now I regret that I didn't get him a bigger Lego set for Christmas (I was worried I'd have to build with him...)

Daniel started with Duplo at about 18 months and then went into proper lego around 3 years. Since being about 5 he's been able to do lots on his own. He's always making his own designs. While I like the sets I do prefer just giving them bricks as Daniel will make and modify things. He has several creator sets but all lego is mixed together as it's just too hard to seperate it all and keep it that way.
Sets are good but Daniel doesn't make them and then play with them. He makes them and the modifies them!!

Currently he's 6 and able to do the creator sets which are age 7-12 on his own. And he's also got Technic which is age 9-16 - he does struggle to put some of those bits together on his own.

Well we are officially swamped with lego...we have now officially got 6 sets...they are great by God fiddly!!!

He loves it though! Thanks ladies xx

Wow! My DS who is 7 all of a sudden snapped into the Lego starwars and superhero sets! I end up building thm which I actually love doing an he gets to play w my fruits of labor! Lol I've actually thought about super gluing the sets together? Has anyone done this!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->