Anyone with experience of UTIs in early pregnancy? getting myself really worked up:-(

fuschia

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Does anyone have experience of UTIs in early pregnancy? I am 5 and a half weeks pregnant. 2dpo I went to doctors with a suspected UTI which was confirmed as 'mild' and I was given 3 days worth of anti biotics (not pregnancy friendly as didnt know at this point obv!).

I went to the doctors 2 weeks after this (17dpo) to tell a different doctor that I am pregnant and also express some concern that the UTI may not have gone as I was now still peeing a lot but wasnt sure if this could be dute to being pregnant! The doctor kinda fobbed me off and said could be combination of both and to bring a urine sample in if things get any worse.

Im not sure if things are worse or not! If I wasnt pregnant - the symptoms I have would suggest I do have a UTI but how am I suppoed to tell the difference?

I have no burning but never did when I had a UTI before.

Sometimes when i feel I really need to go - when I get to the toilet there isnt much there at all. Do you other expecting ladies have this or is there usually a lot of water to pass?

I have been in tears this eve cos I have onle just read that UTIs can cause miscarriage?? In which case I am so angry at myself for not insisting that I was tested :-(

Would love to hear from anyone who knows anything about this?

Hi ladies

Does anyone have experience of UTIs in early pregnancy? I am 5 and a half weeks pregnant. 2dpo I went to doctors with a suspected UTI which was confirmed as 'mild' and I was given 3 days worth of anti biotics (not pregnancy friendly as didnt know at this point obv!).

I went to the doctors 2 weeks after this (17dpo) to tell a different doctor that I am pregnant and also express some concern that the UTI may not have gone as I was now still peeing a lot but wasnt sure if this could be dute to being pregnant! The doctor kinda fobbed me off and said could be combination of both and to bring a urine sample in if things get any worse.

Im not sure if things are worse or not! If I wasnt pregnant - the symptoms I have would suggest I do have a UTI but how am I suppoed to tell the difference?

I have no burning but never did when I had a UTI before.

Sometimes when i feel I really need to go - when I get to the toilet there isnt much there at all. Do you other expecting ladies have this or is there usually a lot of water to pass?

I have been in tears this eve cos I have onle just read that UTIs can cause miscarriage?? In which case I am so angry at myself for not insisting that I was tested :-(

Would love to hear from anyone who knows anything about this?

Hi I have suffered from UTI's all my life and I'm current 12 weeks and have had two infections so far this pregnancy. Sometimes without the UTI I get to the loo and cannot go very much but was bursting so please don't worry about that. The one thing I would say is get cranberry juice and try to let your bladder heal.

I have not heard that UTI's are related to miscarriage but please try not to worry about this. You might want to insist that you get scanned at an early pregnancy unit at 6 or 7 weeks so you can feel better after hearing the heartbeat (I paid for this as was so worried about the bub).

I hope things are ok for you and most of all rest with lots of water. x

I'd take a sample in hun and get them to check it.

When I had my first app with MW she said they take a sample at every app, and one check they do is for UTI's as they are really common in pregnancy - so I'm not sure but it doesn't sound like they could cause a mc to me!

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your replies. its surprising what a few kind words can do to help!

Thing is I natrually just dont like to go to the doctor too much as I wouldnt like to waste their time and I feel like Im in the there all the time lately! I will take a sample . I was disappointed that the doctor didnt help me when i was there because I obviously was showing some concern! I knew she was running late and kinda got the feeling she was trying to make up on her timing!

Thank you very much xx

I have suffered from UTI's all my life, unfortunately that is how I lost my twins at 23 weeks.

I get the feeling that I'm dying for the toilet then when I get there it just drips and burns

This pregnancy I'm going on a low dose of antibiotics from 12 weeks onwards, but I'm currently drinking tons of cranberry juice and fingers crossed it's doing the trick x

I have suffered from UTI's all my life, unfortunately that is how I lost my twins at 23 weeks.

I get the feeling that I'm dying for the toilet then when I get there it just drips and burns

This pregnancy I'm going on a low dose of antibiotics from 12 weeks onwards, but I'm currently drinking tons of cranberry juice and fingers crossed it's doing the trick x

I hope things are alright for you. I hate UTI's they come on suddenly and leave me in a mess on the toilet floor without be able to get any sleep.

So sorry for your loss. Do you think it's a good idea to do something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->