Anyone with high prolactin?????

MissGossip

Reaction score
So me and my OH are being tested at the minute due to 12 months of unsuccessful TTC.

I had an ultra sound which came back clear and everything looked perfect, so they they sent me for blood tests to check Thyroids, testosterone, progesterone, and prolactin (I think mainly to confirm Ovulation).

All of these have also come back normal apart from prolactin, which is borderline so I have to go for more blood tests...ive tried googling and cant really find anything on this, why or how it affects conception. Hopefully it isnt something too serious, just wait to see how OHs spermies get on!

Is there anyone who can shed a bit of light or who has had a similar problem?

xxx

Didn't want to read and run...don't know much about this. I mean I know prolactin stimulates lactation and some people's bodies are more sensitive to it. I had a suspicion that breastfeeding my daughter once a day was getting in the way of getting pregnant even though I have had my period for forever so we weaned. Just the presence of a higher level could be causing your body to not ovulate regularly even if you are gearing up to ovulate each month (I think?) Good luck to you though, hopefully your doctor can explain it to you a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->