Anyone with IBS?

mz_jackie86

Reaction score
While i was pregnant my IBS went completely and now it has come back with a vengeance and i am in so much pain!!
It especially doesnt help when i have a new born to look after!

Does anyone have any remedies that work?? xx

:hugs:

I had IBS for years but my first pregnancy cured it.

I feel for you hon. Are you on a prescription for it?

i was given medication like herbal stuff but it was poo so think ill have to see doc again x

Pepermint oil capsuals work for me and peppermint tea but you need to drink a few cups of it to work. Avoid problem food's if you know what they are.

i was given medication like herbal stuff but it was poo so think ill have to see doc again x

Honestly, you should get back to your doctor. I was on a prescription called Dicetel and it helped a whole bunch.

It took me a long time to find a doctor who believed me. You wouldn't believe the comments I had. "I think you need counselling." I also had many tests done. Food allergy tests that said I was allergic to many things, yet the foods I was supposedly allergic too were the only ones that didn't trigger my IBS. So that was crap. I had a barium test done too.

Finally, I found a doctor who said IBS right away and gave me a prescription. Life was quite a bit better when I was on that prescription.

So if you find your doctor isn't helping, go to another. IBS is a horrid thing to live with. :hugs:

I have IBS and my docs have been no help at all with it so i just try to avoid problem foods, some one told me to note what i ate and single out foods that made me feel iffy xx

I was the same, went in pregnancy and now its worse than before. I take buscopan when I need it

i have it bad, i dont get the constipation i just get chronic runs (tmi sorry) and its killin me at the moment coz now i got piles from going to much, immodium is all my doc gave me, the stuff the registrar gave me didnt work and now the immodium isnt either :( i think im gonna wallow in self pity for a bit lol

went docs, he put me on codeine (safe dose for pregnancy) as that should stop me from being so loose so hoping that works my bums killin :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->