Anyone with Incompetent Cervix?

AmyLouise89

Reaction score
I went to my first ob appointment today & he thinks I have an incompetent cervix going by how I lost my last baby (19 weeks 3 days). & it really does all make sense. But he can't "diagnose" & stitch my cervix unless I've lost at least 2 babies (3 following books). I had a biopsy done on my cervix in March/April 2009 & cervix froze due to low risk hpv. I totally forgot to mention this to my OB today & see what he thinks. The GYN that did the biopsy and freezing told me to not get pregnant for at least 2 YEARS afterwards. I fell pregnant in January 2010..so not even a full year later. Could that be why I lost the last baby and might cause it to happen again i'm so scared and can't quit thinking about things. My OB is gonna keep checking my cervix every appointment. If a biopsy causes incompetent cervix (i found that online), I wonder if they can get stronger in time & lessen my chance of premature labor this time. I'm praying everything goes okay this time..I don't wanna lose another baby..this one is a blessing as it is Any opinions is appreciated.

I don't really know anything regarding this but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it all goes the best for you.

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttd3bc4.aspx

What on earth!? He wont diagnose and treat you for it until you have lost 2 babies!? That sounds extreme!! I am sure there are other Dr's out there that will do it for you now! You have already lost one at 19 weeks,and he wants to wait and see if it happens again. That is just way too devastating to even take that chance! Im so sorry this is happening to you! I have no experience in this, but my friend's water broke at 24 wks, birth was held off until 28 weeks. So on her 2nd preg they stitched her cervix I believe around 14-16 weeks and she was also on bedrest. It obviously helped. Even though her stitches started coming undone before 30 weeks and she gave birth just before 34 weeks. They didnt need 2 babies with same outcome to do the cerclage. Also, is there really any harm in stitching it as a precaution? Does the risk of doing that outweigh the possible benefits? No, I am sure the benefits outweigh the risks by far.
Good Luck hun and sorry about your loss:( Prayers

Hiya, I have an incompetant cervix too. I lost my daughter at 21 weeks but now have a 20 day old son after having the Macdonald stitch put in at 13.5 weeks pregnant. I have often heard that many docs wont do anything until 2 losses have been suffered, I really dont understand this. I was put under consultant care when I found out I was pregnant and told the doc I wanted a stitch put in. It was all arranged at 11 weeks after a scan had confirmed all was ok with the pregnancy and it was viable.
Please demand, beg, push and argue for the stitch... do what you have to. Avoid sex, and stay off your feet as much as possible.
I also refused any internal exams.. even after the stitch was placed. I really hope your doc decides to do this for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->