Anyone with irregular cycles?

Mrs Mac

Reaction score
When would you expect AF to arrive if you have completely irregular cycles. However got LH surge on 5th June?
I’ve also had spotting around ovulation time and spotting that may be IB - just don’t know when to expect AF or when to test!

Your AF should arrive about 14 days after ovulation, give or take a day or two, usually when you have irregular cycles it's the lead up to ovulation (follicular phase) which is variable.

If you know when you ovulated, test at about 12 to 14 days past ovulation and you should see something.

Good luck and keep us posted xx

Your AF should arrive about 14 days after ovulation, give or take a day or two, usually when you have irregular cycles it's the lead up to ovulation (follicular phase) which is variable.

If you know when you ovulated, test at about 12 to 14 days past ovulation and you should see something.

Good luck and keep us posted xx

thanks so much for your reply, I appreciate it. I got a positive ovulation using clearblue blue advanced on 5th June (LH surge detected) so just have ovulated between 5th & 6th as when I tested on 7th June it was negative.
That makes me about 18 DPO. All tests have been negative (though I haven’t tested with an early detection one) should I use early detection?
I put some details into FF and it says 38 day cycle on average. So apparently still too early to test according to first response test calculator.
Do you think still a chance or out? I’m just waiting on AF arriving now, had high hopes this cycle seeing as I had spotting around implantation bleeding time frame.

It's possible you didn't ovulate when you got your positive, sometimes our bodies can gear up to ovulate and fail.

It's not unreasonable to keep testing every now and then until AF arrives.

I would suggest temping next cycle if AF comes. It helps when you can confirm ovulation! How long have you been trying? Were you on a birth control pill before you started?

It's possible you didn't ovulate when you got your positive, sometimes our bodies can gear up to ovulate and fail.

It's not unreasonable to keep testing every now and then until AF arrives.

I would suggest temping next cycle if AF comes. It helps when you can confirm ovulation! How long have you been trying? Were you on a birth control pill before you started?

Do you think it’s possible not to ovulate even though the surge has been detected?

I was thinking about doing BBT - how does it work? I’ve never done this before. Do you need a BBT thermometer as apposed to a normal in ear one? How do you know you are ovulating / have ovulated?

yes I was but we have been TTC for 10 months so definitely not effecting cycles

thank you

Yes it is possible to get a positive opk and not ovulate. Sometimes we just have a wonky cycle.

A BBT thermometer is best, you take your temp (orally or vaginally) as soon as you take up in the morning, try not to move much before you take it, you then record these temps, can pop them into an app or just write them down.

Once you ovulate your temp will go up and remain elevated until AF arrives, it can take a but of getting used to but can be quite a handy tool.

Thanks so much, I’ll invest in one I think. See how it goes. Thank you
Yes it is possible to get a positive opk and not ovulate. Sometimes we just have a wonky cycle.

A BBT thermometer is best, you take your temp (orally or vaginally) as soon as you take up in the morning, try not to move much before you take it, you then record these temps, can pop them into an app or just write them down.

Once you ovulate your temp will go up and remain elevated until AF arrives, it can take a but of getting used to but can be quite a handy tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->