Anyone with PCOS need to lose weight to hopefully get a cycle?

hi :flower: I have mild pcos and I have to lose weight before I'll get given clomid by my FS so I'm in a similar position.

My fs never told me I had to lose weight just said it'd be more effective. My BMI is about 32-33.
But this time I'd like to take the NTNP approach so would prefer if I could get a natural period.
Plus having a c section I don't think they'll give it to me til Jace is 2 and ideally we'd like to conceive around the time he's 1 :)

Hi,
We had been ntnp for a few months and have been a little confused as I hadn't had a cycle in almost a year off of bc; the doctor tested me for PCOS and results showed possible mild PCOS and I was 'encouraged' to lose weight to increase chances of my normal cycle returning...
Since losing 23lbs and getting my bmi to 33 I have had my first cycle in a year! Just waiting to see if this will return regular, small steps...

I lost weight to help with my PCOS and cycles. I now have a healthy BMI, and my cycles have gone from 75days+ to around under 40 days. Still pretty random but I have been temping and I am ovulating! YAY!

Good luck x

Yay ladies so great to hear it DOES work! I don't want to go back on clomid for number 2 as we'd rather take a more relaxed approach so I'm hoping losing weight will work for me! Just gotta get the mojo to get my butt moving!

I have a lot to lose but after dropping just 2 stone my af appeared every 2 months conpared with once wveey 8 or so months

When u came off pill I was 4 months without it so doc just gave me clomid.
I'm now 13 months pp and still not back I was hoping I'd be one of those women magically fixed after birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->