Anyone with PCOS NOT having a period?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by xsugarplumx, Oct 10, 2013.

1. xsugarplumx

xsugarplumx Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 15. (Am now in my early 20's.), and I haven't gotten a period since mid-January. The ONLY time I ever get my period is when I'm on BC, which seems counteractive now, since I'm TTC baby #1, I heard Cassava helps with periods along with conceiving twins. I'd like to get my period so I can start ovulating.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do to jump start my period WITHOUT being on BC?

2. dkadams5606

dkadams5606 New Member

Hey! Ok, I've had this problem for about 3 or 4 years. My gyno prescribed me Provera..take it 10 days each month and it triggers my cycle. Usually start bleeding couple days after taking last pill. As far as I understand, Provera is not a birth control..however I have to take Clomid to get pregnant and I dont take that until the 5th day of actually bleeding. Hope this helps.

3. xsugarplumx

xsugarplumx Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll mention that to my OB/GYN when I see him on the 6 th of next month! !