anyone with premature TWINS?????

kateyspires

2 boys & Expecting twins
Reaction score
anyone on this site with premature twins born before 30 weeks?

My boys were born at 30 weeks exactly, so not quite what you asked. They spent 6 weeks in special care, are now 18 months old and just like any other 18 month olds.

My boys were born at 29 weeks May 25. Jonathan came home last week. Noah passed away of respiratory failure June 29.

I had my twin boys May 24, 2011 at almost 29 weeks. They will be at a corrected age of 1 on Aug 11th. Ian was in the NICU for 44 days, Aidan 55 days. Both are doing really well and are on were on track for their corrected age at the last Peds appointment.

My twins Kayden and Jayden were born right at 24 weeks. They were 1 lb. 11 oz. each 11 1/2" and 11 3/4" long. Kayden was the first born and he was the one that did the best. Basically no problems his entire stay in the NICU, just growing and developing. Jayden OTOH was born dead and they had to resuscitate him. After he was brought back, his blood pressure and general stats were not good at all. A miracle happened when they brought them out for me to touch and see them for a split second before rushing them an hour away to the NICU hospital (Kosair's Children Hospital in Louisville). When I touched Jayden his stats immediately jumped to where they should have been. I was still very groggy from the general anesthesia they had to put me under with to perform the emergency c-section, but I remember seeing and touching them still to this day like it was yesterday. I don't remember much else after or before that, just that moment. Jayden almost died and had it not been for our perserverance and not giving up on him and having God on our side he would have passed. He had major respiratory problems, jaundice, kidney problems, Grade 3 brain bleed that led to major swelling of the brain, fluid accumulation in his lungs that led to swelling all over his body, putting him in such a state of distress the doctors met with me and asked me to make the decision to either A) take him off all machines and let him live as long as he would on his own or B) keep fighting for him no matter what. I didn't get to hold him until he was 6 months old and it was the day that the doctors were asking me to make that difficult decision. Part of me wanted to give him peace and not let him suffer anymore but God told me to keep fighting with everything I had for my baby. Then, after that he had a bowel perforation requiring another surgery. He also had problems with his heart that required surgery and he lost his four left fingers in the process of the heart surgery (the IV line infiltrated and the nurse didn't remove the IV line in time). Jayden did not come home until he was 7 months old and he came home on oxygen. Kayden came home in August, on their due date. I went through hell and back during those long 7 months but it is all worth it now. For the most part they are healthy baby boys 15 months old and progressing and growing like they should. I still don't know why God chose me to put me through that, but I'm glad He has. It's made me a stronger and much much wiser person and I feel now that nothing could break me down and I just have to believe in my faith and live my life to the best of my abilities. To the OP, if you have any questions about something in particular, I probably went through it and I may be able to help you through some troubling times. If you ever need someone to talk to that's been there and done that, feel free to PM me. I'm here and a good listener.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->