anyone worried about the budget?

babydevil1989

Reaction score
we really cant afford to lose anything this year - we struggle as it (is!!

Im not to worried we live on a budget, with lifting more out of paying tax which will also stop people paying so much tax on lower incomes, so far I will welcome the changes

I'll worry when I need to, until the budget is fully revealed I'm not thinking about it :)

Ot but they sound so stupid jeering at each other - facepalm!

I don't really get anything off the govt so I suppose if it changes anything for me it will only be for the better :) x

Ot but they sound so stupid jeering at each other - facepalm!

I don't really get anything off the govt so I suppose if it changes anything for me it will only be for the better :) x

Apparently it is only like that when it's live on TV ...... they 'play up' for the cameras!

the budget is a joke, thats my view lol alot of it looks good on the outside but dig deeper and like I said ..... it's a joke!

It really makes me cringe - it doesn't make them look good at all!

I think it all sounds like it going to make a huge difference but they worked out to actual peoples lives will make tiny differences. Glad I quit smoking though! That would take a pack up to 8.50ish lol I approve of that tax though!

Its a budget made by the rich for the rich. Tories will always be the same :shrug:

Its a budget made by the rich for the rich. Tories will always be the same :shrug:

not totally

yes they get a tax break but then the stamp duty on more expensive houses has gone up so they get shafted there instead

and the amount you can earn before being taxed has increased so thats something I guess for lower earners ..... I dunno if people realise but if you earn over certain amounts (and it doesn't even need too be hundreds od thousands) then you actually have a lower amount you can earn before being taxed ..... so middle & higher tax payers get shafted at both ends of the scale

and the whole child benefit thing is a joke!

Minor details though, those things aren't really going to make much difference to most people.

the 50p tax was always meant too be a temp measure anyway so it isn't a huge surprise it has come down, but it is still higher than it was before the temp increase

We are no where near 'high' earners but I do feel sorry for some of them too some degree, some of them have worked their backsides off too get good jobs & good incomes (and no, I am not saying lower earns don't work hard also), but they work hard, work their way up, earn more yet then have too give 50percent back too the government when they earn over a certain level ...... it puts people off working in the UK, makes all our highly skilled younger people move out of the country because they get shafted too a certain degree. It will end up backfiring sooner or later because we won't have any young, highly skilled workers left in the UK too give the government such high levels of tax

does that make sense lol it's been a tough day!

TBH i find it really hard to understand!! He made it sound really good and then i listend to ed do his bit and thought WTH nothings going to change for us at all!

I cant worry about it now because i dont know how it will effect us but i do think most of its BS!

Did they not say that in the little details the people on benifits will be having 10 million cut in the next 6 years?

Yup, completely agree Buttonnose. My lovely DF is a consultant at the hospital so we're really suffering. People assume we're made of money but it's really not the case :(. Public sector workers are having it hard. And there's even talk of his pention being fiddled with, and making him work longer... really isn't on.

TBH i find it really hard to understand!! He made it sound really good and then i listend to ed do his bit and thought WTH nothings going to change for us at all!

I cant worry about it now because i dont know how it will effect us but i do think most of its BS!

Did they not say that in the little details the people on benifits will be having 10 million cut in the next 6 years?

I thought it was 10billion not to sure. However I expect that to become higher as every april benefits go up a certain %..

I dont think benefits should ever = more than minimun wage it should be just below not by much maybe even pence per normal working week hours but while benefits continue to be higher than wages the benefits bill will just keep getting higher and higher

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->