Anyone worry about how long it may take?

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Hi All.

I'm worry about something that may not happen but just feel the planning of TTC then it could take ages to fall pregnant!!

I don't know why I'm worrying our first was on my second cycle & our second was not 'planned' as such was thinking about it but hadn't set a date then only BD once in the whole cycle!

Anyone worry about these things?

Xx

Yes! I've never been pregnant as we've always prevented, so I'm terrified it might take ages or not happen. Really though there is no reason why there would be problems so I'm trying to be positive! It's just because I want it so much and have been waiting for so long it just seems impossible!

I worry about it all the time. I worry that I'm infertile.

I worried. And it took 2 years, multiple fertility treatments, and was called a miracle by the RE and every doctor we've told about our test results. I'm thrilled to be pregnant with our first and likely only. I can't help but think we miiiiiiight have had the big family we wanted if we had started when we first married.

I worried. And it took 2 years, multiple fertility treatments, and was called a miracle by the RE and every doctor we've told about our test results. I'm thrilled to be pregnant with our first and likely only. I can't help but think we miiiiiiight have had the big family we wanted if we had started when we first married.

Aw fabulous news for you congrats! Sometimes I feel a little selfish for think about it I know a lot of people can't even have 1 & I worry about not being able to have 3!

I've just been lurking in the other forums & seen people who already have children struggling TTC & I never really gave it much thought before I have PCOS & obviously a bit older now.

Good luck to you ladies though when your time comes :) xx

I definitely worry. My messed up thyroid means that I may actually have real problems, so I'm hoping my natural life changes specific to the disorder will help with all that. I think my mom and grandmas had no problem getting pregnant when they started trying (or stopped preventing). I think worrying about that is pretty natural, but at the same time worrying isn't going to change if there will or won't be problems. Better to focus on the positives - I'm so excited for when I *do* get pregnant (assuming I do, we will cross that bridge when we get to it). It's so hard not to worry - I worry about everything :p

I do worry about it taking a long time to get pregnant, but only because we're gender swaying for :pink:. I've heard that it can take longer to get pregnant when swaying :pink: and based on the research I've done on the methods I can understand why. I hope that it doesn't take longer than 6 months though.

There's always something to worry about. But it's the worrying that could prevent. Relax and enjoy this time.
It took nearly 13 months ttc my #1. We ummed and arred about a perfect age gap before baby #2 but there will never be age gap as we will never be able to snap our fingers and hay presto -baby
I hope to be as calm and relaxed as long as possible this time and what will be will be
Fingers crossed this works and I won't be eating my own words next few months

I worry about it and if I'm doing something that can have an impact on my fertility.

Iv been on the pill 9 years and uc never been pregnant, I'm so impatient but I worry if it's even possible!

im worried as took 12months wiv dd but thats down to pcos im sure the worring and stress prolonged the time the first time round so although i am worried im going to try not thing about it and stress so much this time round hoping that will help

I worry so much that when we do try it'll be ages I'm glad im not the only one! I have dreams im infertile it's horrible! I'm on the pill at the moment as we're waiting until next year sometime until we're more settled(just moved into a new house) but I've been pretty sloppy taking it hoping t may happen! I want to be pregnant to know I can actually get pregnant I'm terrified! Especially seeing as no me else in my family has ever had problems I doing want to be the first!

I'm worried that we won't get our longed for baby, I had sterilisation reversal at end of August, then 2 weeks later dh was diagnosed with low testosterone, which usually correlates with low sperm count (not had sa as yet). Hoping for our positive even though the odds are stacked against us. Good luck everyone xx

I worry a lot too. I worry a lot that I'll be infertile. If that's the case, I'll be shattered, but also really pissed off that I've spent a couple thousand on birth control over the last seven years for nothing.

Yes! I worry all the time about this. It's hard, because on the one hand I want to spend time with just my DH for a bit longer, but on the other hand I don't want to leave it too late and then find we have problems TTC.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any foolproof way of finding out if you're going to have problems or not - you just don't know for sure until you actually try.

i think everyone who is wttc has this worry because the wait makes you worry that you are waiting for no reason...
so yes i worry about this so much! my oh is constantly trying to reassure me but it is a massive fear
its datft, you spend half your life afraid you'll get pregnant then the rest worrying you cant get pregnant!

Today as I was getting dressed after I took a shower I put Icy/Hot on to help with cramps because my period started today. After I put it on I thought "what if this effects my ovaries?"

I worry about this all the time! OH thinks that it'll happen the first time we TTC, he doesn't realise that the average length of time it takes is 12 months and we're not getting any younger!

Actually there is a 15-25% chance of falling pregnant on any given cycle, 40% of couples fall pregnant in the first 3 months, 70% of couples fall pregnant in the first 6 months, and 85% of couples get pregnant in the first year. Only 15% of couples that get pregnant within a year actually take the full year to conceive, so 12 months is not the average length of time that it takes to get pregnant. The average is between 3 and 6 months.

I worry about this far too much. I have been on the pill for 9 years and have not once been pregnant or even had a scare. I have an irrational fear that I am infertile but there is nothing to suggest that I am at the moment.

Aarghh! This wtt business is so stressful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->