Anyone wtt with MTHFR?

angel2010

Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc
Reaction score
Is anyone wtt with MTHFR? What are you doing/taking to prepare your body?

I don't have this either. Have you found that you have had complications due to it?

I don't have this either. Have you found that you have had complications due to it?

I was induced at 36+1 with my son due to IUGR. Once delivered they sent my placenta to the lab and discovered a few clots. Sadly, I smoked during pregnancy (have been smoke-free for 20 months :happydance:), so we can't be sure if it was the mthfr or the smoking.

How is your sons size now. Is he still on the smaller side compared to other kids his age?

Glad to hear your smoke free, don't beat yourself about it, its in the past and it looks like from your pics that your sons a happy boy.

How is your sons size now. Is he still on the smaller side compared to other kids his age?

Glad to hear your smoke free, don't beat yourself about it, its in the past and it looks like from your pics that your sons a happy boy.

Thanks, he is a happy boy. He was on either the 25th or 30th percentile at his last visit. He will be going back in about a month for his 2 yr check and I am certain he has gotten bigger and taller. Even though 25-30th would be on the lower side, he still seems bigger than lots of the kids around his age in my mom and baby group.

I don't understand why women are discouraged from vaginal birth by medical professionals over there. To have a c section in the uk there should be medical need for it, although more women are opting for c sections through fear of childbirth. As a nurse it irritates me! :haha:

The hospital I had my son at had a 30% section rate the year I had him (ended up with a section by the way).

I don't disagree with women having c sections, I believe in women's choice. I just hate the way it's pressured on some women. That they would actively discourage a vaginal birth when there are very lows risks with the pregnancy.

Natural, pain-relief free, births are becoming increasingly popular over here at the moment. Many women wanting only gas and air in their birthing plan... Doesn't always work out that way.

Are you heterozygous or homozygous for the MTHFR?

I'm with you in this. I'm homozygous MTHFR. I don't know much more then that because I found out before my next appointment (in 11 days).

I am glad they finally figured it out for you. I am going to attach a link for some lectures, there are four of them and they have some good information in them.

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=ht...h?v=ZA8GUIRqIkE&fb_source=message&h=hAQEtCVK3

I would def take the time to watch them, or try to do a little research on your own, that way you can come armed with lots of questions to your next visit. Good luck!

Thanks for the link! I'll check those out. I've found a ton of great info on mthfr.net as well, but it's always great to check out what others say. :)

I have MTHFR, too (heterozygous).I find this blog useful: https://mthfrliving.com/ :)
We should definitely take FOLATE instead of folic acid! Most doctors use outdated information and prescribe high doses of folic acid, it's wrong.

Thanks Anya. I went on to have a miscarriage and a full term pregnancy after this thread. I ended up taking baby asprin, progesterone, folate and B12 my whole pregnancy.

angel2010, congrats on your second baby! :)

When did you start taking baby aspirin - after ovulation/earlier/later? Did your doctor approve? I asked mine and she said that I didn't need it although I have this and other mutations.

I have already ordered folate and B12. Will take it!

I took it from the start of ttc. My dr didn't think I needed the heparin injections and I trusted him. He didn't mind the asprin, actually felt it was a good idea. But, he said he didn't feel like I needed to take it in my daily life and it looks like I have recently had a mini stroke. My MRI results were fishy, but I don't she the neurologist until 10/8. Many strokes are caused by a blood clot, so I am anxious to see him! I did start taking the asprin immediately after my "episode".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->