Anyones baby got a cold,??

Scarlett07

Reaction score
My 8 week has got a cold.
Won't sleep at night.
what can I give him?
any tips?

My lo had a cold last week, at 2 months old they can have calpol, I also got some saline spray for his nose & boots do a vapour that can be used from birth, I put that on his blankets so he could breathe it in.. All this helped but the best thing was a gadget from boots, which sounds gross but enabled my little one to breathe, it is a long tube with a filter in the middle and you put one end up his nose and suck on the other, don't worry the gunk does not come anywhere near you lol it gets caught way before... But that worked wonders on my lo.

The doctor gave us saline drops to go up Adrians nose hen he was 5 weeks old.
Now I have Snufflebabe rub, but i'm not sure what age it is for. Basically it is baby vick, rub it on his chest and the vapours are meant to help them breath.
Then i put olbas oil type stuff on a bib and fastened it in his cot. You can also get karvol drops which is the same sort of things but specifically for babies.
Or they say take them in the bathroom and make it really steamy...
Or if he is a cot/crib, put some books under one end so he is on a slant with his head higher that his body, helps them breath. Like argos catalogue thick.
:hugs:

Mine and is really difficult to clean her nose... She just a month old :cry: and cant breathe well:( i keep her in a room with humidifier on... Helps a lot at times

saline drops and Calpol. He wakes up with his face covered in snot and a huge smile! :haha:

Cheers all. I'm going to raise the mattress tonight as a few people have mentioned this. Got him on calpol and got the calpol nasal spray now.

We have the moses basket in the crib and have put the mattress on a slop using a towel so that its tilted.

My LO has had cold after cold, i got a karvol plug in from boots yesterday, might be working a bit but maybe a bit too early.

my lo is just starting to become snuffly and cold like so thanks for this thread, I know just what to do now :)

and for the record if could have her cold for her I would bless her

everything else everyone said really
and also the vapour rub on the bottom of their feet works wonders! its so strange :haha:

and also the vapour rub on the bottom of their feet works wonders! its so strange :haha:

Do u mean vicks vapour rub??? Can i use regular one or there's different for baby???

Do u mean vicks vapour rub??? Can i use regular one or there's different for baby???

its like that but a baby version :)
https://www.vicks.com/products/childrens-medicine/babyrub-ointment/
i use a Boots own brand but i dont think you have Boots in the US lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back