anyone's child starting school this year?

hellohefalump

Reaction score
Anyone want to chat? How's it affecting your child? Madeleine has suddenly become super sensitive, and has lost her confidence. She doesn't want to go to her swimming lesson now, because she says she's too scared to let go of the float, even though she can swim perfectly well without it! She even didn't want to go to dancing the other week, and she LOVES dancing! We went in the end because I bribed her that we could go to the library afterwards, but even so she refused to get up with the other kids and I had to do the whole class alongside her!

She's been to the school though, and she liked it and she liked her teacher :shrug:

Maybe it's because her two best friends at nursery aren't going to the same school as her?

Evie is starting school in September. She did go to a nursery that was attached to a school but we've decided to move her to a different school.

She seems excited, she went and spent the morning with all her soon to be school friends before they broke up (they were in nursery then) and she fitted in really well, she couldn't wait to say bye to me!

Have you got the uniform yet? I've only got a few bits but have seen online that a lot of things are selling out in her size already, I think I'll have to get my finger out!

Whenever I speak to Madeleine about it, she seems to be looking forward to going to school... it's just this sudden change in her behaviour that's a worry. We took her to the school to have a look around, and she wandered straight off and started playing with the toys.

I've got all my uniform now apart from shoes and plimsols.

my alfie starts in september and im terrified because he was only 4 last week so on e of the youngest in the class . aww bless him ,
iv got his uniform now too ,
i think they all pnick a little when it happens but prob not as much as we do :)
are your kids having first week as half days or full time from day one ?
my alfies school will do 10am till 2pm for a week then 8,50 am to 3,15 from then on x

Evie will be doing 9am to 3pm from the start of term. I would have taken the option of settling in sessions but I never got offered them, maybe thats one of those questions I should have asked!

Hellohefalump did your lo go to nursery before the summer holidays? I've noticed a change in Evie's behaviour since school broke up but think it may be boredom/not spending as much time with other children. She may even just be nervous but i'm sure everything will be fine once she starts school.

Elena is starting in September. I think I'm more nervous that she is! :(
She seems excited, she can't wait to get the uniform.
We'll see how long that lasts :rofl:
She went to the attached nursery so luckily she'll have some friends already..
She'll be going from 9am to 1:30pm 5 days a week :D

H has just started primary 1! (our holidays are earlier up here than you guys :lol:) She loves it!

I hope your daughter perks up once she actually starts, it's probably nerves. The library has books about starting school, maybe getting one out and reading it with her might be helpful? And just generally talking to her about what school will be like xx

my josh starts in september hes very shy he doesnt talk much when he was at nursery so im worried sick how he ll cope at school hes still quite babyish he ll probably be fine it ll be me that wont be lol

Have you got the uniform yet?
Yep everything except shoes, which I'm getting next week. I got a lot on ebay and as hand me downs from friends, I only bought a few things new - like things with the school logo on.

it's full time from day one. Although we do have the option of having half days until January. But it's an opt-in sort of thing. Most of the kids will be going full time so I think Madeleine should too so she doesn't get behind. We'll see how she copes though, if she's really not coping I'll just have her on half days until January.

Hellohefalump did your lo go to nursery before the summer holidays?
I've paid to keep Madeleine in nursery over the summer so she'll still be used to a school-like environment when she starts school. She goes three times a week from 1-5.30.

The library has books about starting school
great idea! I will get down there! thankyou

my josh starts in september hes very shy he doesnt talk much when he was at nursery so im worried sick how he ll cope at school hes still quite babyish he ll probably be fine it ll be me that wont be lol

I hope he's alright, I'd be worried too. Normally Madeleine is very outgoing and not in the least bit shy. Just now she's really over emotional! Good luck to josh, I really hope he's ok. Hopefully he'll make a nice little group of friends and he might even come out of his shell a bit xxx

Have you got the uniform yet?
Yep everything except shoes, which I'm getting next week. I got a lot on ebay and as hand me downs from friends, I only bought a few things new - like things with the school logo on.

it's full time from day one. Although we do have the option of having half days until January. But it's an opt-in sort of thing. Most of the kids will be going full time so I think Madeleine should too so she doesn't get behind. We'll see how she copes though, if she's really not coping I'll just have her on half days until January.

Hellohefalump did your lo go to nursery before the summer holidays?
I've paid to keep Madeleine in nursery over the summer so she'll still be used to a school-like environment when she starts school. She goes three times a week from 1-5.30.

The library has books about starting school
great idea! I will get down there! thankyou

I hope he's alright, I'd be worried too. Normally Madeleine is very outgoing and not in the least bit shy. Just now she's really over emotional! Good luck to josh, I really hope he's ok. Hopefully he'll make a nice little group of friends and he might even come out of his shell a bit xxx
thankyou i hope hes ok too josh just started to come out of his shell the last week of nursery he has a couple of friends from nursery in his class so he has some familar faces i hope madeleine sorts her little self out i suppose its very exciting and frightening at the same time and they re all abit anxious about it goodluck with your little one and everyone else whos little ones start school

hi just tagging along to your thread.. my son starts school september, first official day 9th sept.. he will do 1.00-3.20 for the first week then go from i pressume roughly 9-3.. im yet to get the times confirmed.. im lucky they r doing settling in sessions with him but tbh im quiet lucky.. he wants to go and doesnt seem phased by it at all.. im sure your daughter will be fine once she sees its all play :) ( thats how it seems to them :) )

Tag-a-long here!!!

My Aimee starts school on Tuesday 6th Sept, starts full time 8.55am-3.30pm from day one! Aimee is used to being in nursery since she was 4 months old, i did stop working after i was made redundant but then i got another job so she went back in but had too leave nursery again about 2month ago as i had to stop working again.

She has been down for a couple of taster days back in june so she knows the surroundings.

Think im more nervous than she is, the only thing that scares me about her going to school is if she ever got picked on or some kids were abit nasty to her for some reason or other, kids can be horrible these days, I got bullied for a short time in school and it was horrible and i couldnt bear Aimee having to go through that.

One thing i did want to ask, Aimee has a book bag, P.E bag and her lunchbox. But on the first day what do i send, obviously her lunch bag, but do i send her P.E bag aswell as her book bag or just lunch and book bag?!?!?!!?? Im lost!!

xx

im the same, deffo more anxious then lewis is but i guess that what us moms r for!! lol as for the bags id just take her in on her first day with her lunch n ask what to bring with her the next day on the first day u take her in, thats what im going to do ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->