Anyones LO have one nap a day but in morning??

Babydreams321

Reaction score
Im a little lost on what to do at the moment??

Harrys always been a hard napper.. it only really clicked for him (&mummy) at 6 months that we had to time his naps to avoid over tiredness..

for the past few months hes been awake for 1.5 hours (slept for hour&half) been awake over lunch for 2.5 hours then had a 2nd nap varying between 45mins-1.5 hours!

Anyway so the past few days he just hasnt wanted his pm. nap.. hes been in his cot now whining for 40 mins showing no signs of going to sleep???

People keep telling me he only needs one nap a now now & to drop the morning one. I cant. if i drop the morning one, harry wont sleep at all ( maybe 20 mins if im lucky) as he's over-tired...people keep telling me "the longer you leep him up the longer he'll sleep"...not harry at all. He gets over-tired & does NOT sleep..

Any advice please?? im worried if i dont at least offer the 2nd nap i'll have a moody tired child on my hands for the pm??? Im afraid to stop the first as in past experience this hasnt worked at all??

feeling stressed!!!!!!!xx

Hi chic,

Miller is 15 months nearly but only has a morning nap. Hes been like this for a coouple of months now. He started off and hed be a bit ratty....but as time has gone on he seems fine now.

TBH...i've just posted on advice on this but yet to recieve a replyxxxx

I think it is all depedant on the child. Tom is 26 months old and has one full nap for an 1.5-2 hours at app 11am. He is up at 6:30, so needs the earlier nap. He doesn't need an afternoon one anymore, but he didn't drop it until gone 18 months x

Freya went down to one nap at 12 months. Was 9.30 - 11.30 every morning.

In the last 2 weeks she's changed it to 12 - 1.30pm.

Just go with what your LO wants. I only restrict it if it goes past 2 as then it affects her bedtime.

Yes!

Evie will nap about 11-12:30 and then bed at 7ish

I like it this way as it gives us the whole afternoon x

My LO used to sleep 830-930 then about 130-230 when she was a year.

This changed when she was about 14 months and she now has 1 nap in the morning and thats 1030-1130/12.

This works for us as she sleeps 6-6

All kids are different. My son held on to two naps for the longest time, and he really needed them. Now he will be 3 on Saturday, and he takes his one nap starting around 11:30. Moving it later hasn't been good for him. So, whatever works for you and your little one is what is imnportant, regardless of what other people say.
Good luck!

Yep! LO wakes at around 7/7.30 (or we wake him by 8 at the latest), and then he naps at around 10 / 10.30 for about an hour. That does him until he goes to bed about half 6.

Thanks ladies, youve reassured me a bit :0) just seems odd that he have his one long nap at 9am!! Hes been in bed for 12 hours, you'd think he'd want it later in the day but that just doesnt work with him!!

Ah well, will follow his lead a bit more I think... keep offering him his early morning nap as its extremely rare he doesnt have a long one then...then perhaps just relax a bit with "timing" and go with his sleepy signs instead in the arvo IF they appear...

I love my afternoon break if only for half hour..scary to think I may have to amuse a child from potentially 1030-630!!!! eeeek!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->