Anyone's LO's wear glasses?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
We took DD for an appointment at the eye hospital today as I took her to our local opticians a few weeks ago and they told me she needs a prescription, well she was wonderful at the appointment, did every test, had the drops in her eyes, we was there 1.5 hours, we're going to choose her glasses tomorrow and she is really excited :happydance:

Her prescription is 2.25, she has to wear them full time for 6 weeks and then go back to the hospital to re-check.

So those with experience what have I got to look forward too, how many times will she lose, break, bend etc... What frames are the best, plastic, metal, bendy?? I really have no clue.

How did they cope with the sudden change? Also what did their friends think? I worry with Ella as she is very sociable but the smallest thing said to her in a negative way and she really takes it to heart.

:flower:

My neighbor's 2 year old has glasses. They have plastic frames. I'm not sure it's too comparable to an almost 4 year old getting glasses though...

Thank you, I guess there isn't many toddlers/pre-school with them. They did say that they get a rush of children once they start reception though, we must just be the early ones.

sequeena's son Thomas on here has or had glasses, maybe send her a PM?

My sister has had glasses since she was tiny. She had plastic frames to start with, then at about 3.5 they went to metal :) (With the barbie logo on them Haha) . x

Thank you :)

She chose metal frames with peppa pig on. They are dark purple and she looks lovely in them.

Yep my lo. He's never broke them or least them he's wares them everyday. If he doesn't he can't see clearly so it's easy for him to understand why he needs them.

Thomas has been wearing glasses since he was 20 months. He's on his 3rd pair. Multiple repairs, several frame changes!! He lost them on the first day but we found them :)

10614341_10205391322247691_7829264536522143023_n.jpg

:D

My LO doesn't wear glasses but my OH does, he gets a brand called swissflex which is near impossible to break (apparently) and they do a kids range too which I thought was really cool!

He's on his second pair now and I've always thought I'd get them for my LO if he ever needs glasses.

Eta - https://www.swissflex-eyewear.com/en/collection/kids/kids/System/Frame

We're thinking of getting these for Thomas

https://tomatoglasses.com/

https://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/carlyp86/10815960_10154821846860153_2020957293_n_zps0532e847.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• 10815960_10154821846860153_2020957293_n.jpg
    10815960_10154821846860153_2020957293_n.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1
oops sorry it's so big! We have to go back at lunchtime tomorrow to get her frame fitted/lenses chosen, then we can collect them on Wednesday!

Very cute! Thomas had a pair like that but he needs the big round glasses :(

It depends on the child's vision. Thomas' muscles are too weak and getting weaker so his eyes automatically try to look over the top of his glasses. The big round lenses means he can't do that and the glasses help his vision better :thumbup:

Ah that makes sense, it must be hard for them to adjust.

Oh my goodness she looks so sweet in her new glasses..... It's not really the same but I got glasses in primary school and I wasn't picked on..it was the opposite, all the kids loved the glasses and wanted a go at wearing them hehe!

Thank you Mrs Bee, they should be ready by the end of the week, she showed all her ballet friends on Saturday and they looked as excited as she is lol!

She looks awesome in her new glasses, our Alex had them since just before two and whilst at first she wasn't keen on keeping them on, we put them on first thing in the morning and that helped her adjust. Just got better with age!

I cannot count how many replacements we've had but the prescription kept increasing which helped cause we just ended up with new ones!

We started with thin metal frames but now she has pinky funky plastic ones that have become almost iconic :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->