Anything they dont tell you about a c section?

The first poo...........its horrible!

And that despite what they tell you, your legs may not stay numb for as long as they say! Mine were fine 30 mins after the procedure........I had to show them to prove it.

If you need a drain, take the gas and air when it gets pulled out as it hurts!

This thread is so helpful, thank you to the ladies who have contributed, I'm booked in for a section on 7 May and reading these threads and posts makes me feel I can mentally prepare and things won't come as much as a shock.
Hopefully more ladies will respond too.

X x

I had some good bits and some bad bits :) Mine was planned due to breech.

The bad bits were:

1) The worst pain was when they were feeling for the right spot to put the spinal in. My poor back!

2) My blood pressure dropped really low as soon as I got my spinal so I was being sick laying on my back while the anaethetist gave me some drugs to put the pressure back up again. Very distracting!

3) I found the thought of taking the catheter out really scary but they did it quick and it didn't hurt, just felt a bit slithery.

4) They put my legs in these anti-DVT stocking that inflated and deflated all night so I didn't get a wink of sleep!

5) Due to an incident no-one came to change my pads for about 10 hours so I got bed sores!

6) I was told I would have to inject myself each day with fragmin but I refused and wouldn't let my hubby do it as it was so painful so the midwives had to come round every day for a week to do it!

Good parts

1) Everyone was really relaxed in theatre and the surgeon looked SOOOO happy to get her out into the world. DH has an amazing picture of her still attached by the cord with everyone grinning.

2) It didn't hurt nearly as much afterwards as I though and I was back to normal after 6 weeks.

3) I thought I would have to stay in for 3-5 days but was allowed home after 2.

Ohh I forgot about the inflatable compression boots! I woke up FREAKING Out and tried to rip mine off...haha. I am VERY claustrophobic, I warned them not to put those on me (Had them before) but they did anyway. I was not a happy camper till they were off, but I was so groggy I just remembered that part now.

Most people aren't bothered by them, I am just weird about things on my legs. Too many blankets make me freak out too, and wearing socks in bed :/

They are to prevent blood clots, and pretty important when you are immobile.

Ohh I forgot about the inflatable compression boots! I woke up FREAKING Out and tried to rip mine off...haha. I am VERY claustrophobic, I warned them not to put those on me (Had them before) but they did anyway. I was not a happy camper till they were off, but I was so groggy I just remembered that part now.

Most people aren't bothered by them, I am just weird about things on my legs. Too many blankets make me freak out too, and wearing socks in bed :/

They are to prevent blood clots, and pretty important when you are immobile.

They felt like a leg massage to me, I didn't mind at all ;) when I could feel them anyway. I got feeling back in my right leg first, and I could feel it some there.

Yeah I just pictured it as an automatic leg massage machine!

I loved the leg massage inflatables, was slightly sick and shaky after birth with 1st (emergency)section and horrid, but only 3 second, nerve pain when spinal going in.

Had swollen legs with first baby but nothing with 2nd. Really bad headache after 2nd section but apparently this is very rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->