APO-Metoclopramide for nausea?

Buffyx

Expecting #2
Reaction score
My doctor prescribed this for nausea but ive googled it and the information I've found says all research is only based on pregnant women in their last trimester.

I'm a bit scared to take it. Anyone know anything about it or taken it before?

I work as a pediatric critical care nurse- we give metoclopramide to improve gastric motility and speed up the GI tract- so theoretically I suppose that it could or would ease nausea.
I haven't heard of it being used in pregnancy, but afterward it is said to improve milk production. However it carries a pretty high risk of depression and suicidal thoughts- mind you this is all anecdotal as I've never taken it before- but I would (at least personally) think twice before taking it, particularly in the first trimester when all the important bits and pieces of the baby are being made :)
Good luck mama! I hope you feel well soon!

I think Im far too worried to take it! :(

I took metaclopramide ondansetron buccastem and cyclizine in my first pregnancy for HG and my daughter is a happy healthy 1year old xx

Hey there, I work as a nurse on a general acute ward and ED. Metoclopramide is just maxolon, just another antiemetic. It's the same as ondansetron, although in my opinion less effective! Your doctor wouldn't have prescribed it if it weren't safe for you to take :) I've taken it while pregnant, when I was about 7 weeks I got the stomach bug and had no problems with it.

Hope this helps :) xx

Ok thank you guys! If it becomes unbearable I might consider taking it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back