Apparently i'm strange lol

dippy dee

Reaction score
Ds 1 and 2 are having an easter party at school so i asked the teacher to ensure no nestle products were given to them, they asked why so i explained the boycott and she said "oooooooo Donna you are strange what with the nappies, slings, bf and now this, you do make me giggle" :growlmad: i am not happy as i don't think she really understood what i was saying.
I am in 2 minds wether to send them in on Thursday now but then if i don't they miss out on the easter bonnet parade that they are looking forwads to.

I don't think thst's strange at all and I don't think it professional for the teacher to laugh off your issues. Everyone goes mental when other things are being used to exploit people in third world countries (I presume your talking about nestle telling third world countries that formula is better for their baby when they a.cant afford it and b. only have dirty water to make it up with) so why shouldn't that be takin seriously?

I know i tried to explain the formula thing and also that they use children to make their products but to no avail i hope she did take it in and listened to me cause if not i can see me kicking up a stink which will not be the first time at this school.

that's really not fair of the teacher! you're the parent and have every right to bring up your children in exactly the way you want, I totally understand where you're coming from with the nestle thing. I don't see what's so strange about your choice of nappies, slings, bf. I'm not sure what I would do in that situation but good luck x

Whats this Nestle thing? the teacher should respect your wishes!:growlmad: x

https://www.breastfeeding.com/advocacy/advocacy_boycott.html
https://www.babymilkaction.org/pages/boycott.html

It is now palm oil as well as the child labour and formula.

I find it frightening that such naive, stupid 'sheeple' are allowed to teach our children!!
I would be fuming if that was her attitude!! Silly moo.

People always think I'm weird because I won't buy anything with battery eggs in and I boycott P&G because of their animal testing.

We boycott Nestle too. Had to stop buying Tesco branflakes as apparentlt Nestle make them

mrs muffin they are in everything from coffee to cereals it drives dh nuts lol.

Thankyou ladies for making me feel normal :)

that is a strange comment from a teacher.

I was under the impression that nestle had sorted themselves out?

lol @ sheeple :rofl:

i'd speak to the head teacher, take some info on nestle and request that no nestle products r bought at all for the easter party...schools often take requests like this on board when it comes to eco products/recycling and i think this is an equally important issue.

bjl: no they haven't sorted themselves out at all! not only is the baby milk thing still going but also green peace have a campaign against them 4 the way they source their palm oil as well as 'stop the traffick' abt their cocoa plants (they use cocoa from plants that use trafficked children)

...all in all they aren'ta very nice company.

i personally only boycot products that have the nestle logo (or that has it written somehwre on the packaging that its a nestle product) because they own/part own so much its hard to keep track. i don't boycot to try and bankrupt them (i doubt that would ever happen) i do it in the hope they notice a drop in sales (and therefore make some changes to prevent it) and i think that boycotting just logo'ed products will do that...even boycotting just one product will help!

did u know they part own the body shop???

Yes the Body Shop and L'Oreal I think.

lol @ sheeple, I'm having that for my own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->