appendix

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
On wednesday night i got rushed into hopsital with right side abdomen pain. In A&E i was told it maybe an appendisitis, but they wanted surgical doctors to check me over. I explained about chloe and how she would not feed from a bottle so they said they would get me a side room on surgical assesment ward.

Well i got seen by the doctors later that evening, and they said that i could had painkillers as was in agongy (hadnt had any before for like 4hours just incase) they put me on morphine but pain was that bad it wasnt working so i said that i didnt want any more they gave me it anyway

Well they then said issue was gynological i explained i was under them for other reasons after havign chloe so i knew their were no issues they wouldnt beleive me, and wanted me to have a scan (proised it would be early thursday morning) didnt get it until 1.45pm thurday, no gynoclogy issues like i said and appendix was enlarged.

Got put on operation list for a laperoscopy to see if i need appendix removing as a ultrasound isnt 100% in saying if you have appendicitis or not. Got this op at 4pm friday and i did have a appendicits so got removed then and their. Now at home but i cant do anything for my baby girl and i even struggle to feed her her milk properly DH has to hold her in a really funny postiion to get her to feed, but she wont take a bottle ect i feel like its all my fault.

I had my appedix out throught keyhole surgery, has anyone else had this , i have 3 differnt wounds, 1 in my belly button, one near my pubic bone and other on my left hand side. Has anyone else had this and how long did it take to heal?

Didn't want to read and run. I had my appendix removed when I was 7, but back then, they were still doing it by making a cut above it and removing it that way. I would think that three smaller wounds wouldn't take that long to heal. I think it took about 2 weeks for me to be back on my feet :flower: Granted, it was a long time ago, lol (I'm 24 now).

I would imagine it won't take too long to heal. I had mine out the old fashioned way but I was sharing a room with a man who had just had keyhole surgery (gall bladder though, not appendix) and after a few days he said he was feeling much better and didn't have much pain at all.

Hi hun I had my appendix removed the same way in December,have you got staples or stitches?It took me about 2 weeks to start to feel abit better and moving around more like usual but you have to be careful for about 6 weeks,it wasnt until I had my staples removed that I did actually feel about 99% better.I had baths with Savlon in to try to prevent and infection,the nurse who changed my dressing on the staples reccomended that i ensured the wounds were dry after bathing too as that reduced the chances of infection.x

i had my appendix removed with exactly the same op 2yrs ago... was horrified when i woke as was in agony - they kinda sold it me that it'd be all better after the op.. haha.... however it was short lived & was back to work after a wk and a day off ..... hope you are on the road to recovery for you and lo... :flower:

xx

I had my appendix out in 2007 via laproscopic surgery (what you described). I was at work the next day. In my case they used a type of glue to close the wound instead of stitches or staples. I couldn't lift anything for 2 weeks though just so I didn't rip the incisions. It was an easy surgery for me. I was sick from the anesthesia for the first day and very sore but by the day after I wasn't even taking pain medicine and was able to go to work (in sales). Don't rush yourself though, I've heard it's normal for people to be out for one to two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->