Appointment question- especially uk ladies

Ally2015

Reaction score
Hello

I have my 20 week scan on 25th august, but i got a letter today, for an outpatient appointment on monday... i didn;t think we had an appointment before the 20 week scan and it worries me a little. Anyone else get one, and if so, what happened in the appointment?

thanks!

Are you classed as high risk? I would think it would be a consultant appointment. Has the midwife mentioned any reason you might be referred?

nope and nope... bit worried now. Do you think if i phone up, they would tell me why over the phone?

I would just ring them and query it x

just called, she said its just routine check up to see how i am doing and nothing to worry about.

xx

Yes, I had an antenatal appointment today at 17 weeks 6 days. It was much the same as midwife appointments - blood pressure, listen to baby, wee sample. Then a doctor/consultant came in, said all was fine and asked if I had any concerns. The only issue I have is hypothyroidism, but she said my last level was fine and that they would check it every trimester or so. I have my anomaly scan next Friday at 19 weeks, then they'll next see me for my glucose tolerance test at 26 weeks as I have a family history of diabetes.
Don't worry, it's normal xxxxxxx

Yes, I had an antenatal appointment today at 17 weeks 6 days. It was much the same as midwife appointments - blood pressure, listen to baby, wee sample. Then a doctor/consultant came in, said all was fine and asked if I had any concerns. The only issue I have is hypothyroidism, but she said my last level was fine and that they would check it every trimester or so. I have my anomaly scan next Friday at 19 weeks, then they'll next see me for my glucose tolerance test at 26 weeks as I have a family history of diabetes.
Don't worry, it's normal xxxxxxx

thank you- quite looking forward to it now :) :)

The midwife said I'd have an appointment around 16 weeks. She said that I'd have extra appointments because it's my first baby but I can't remember when they are

The midwife said I'd have an appointment around 16 weeks. She said that I'd have extra appointments because it's my first baby but I can't remember when they are

cheers love, I phoned and checked and thats what they said, just a routine check up to see how I am.
x

I thought a 16ish week appointment was pretty standard to see the midwife?

I thought a 16ish week appointment was pretty standard to see the midwife?

yeah i guess so, i just got the impression at my 12 week scan that my next contact would be at the 20 week scan. Thank you xx

Ive always had one at 16 weeks and one was booked but I moved house and not seen new MW yet xx but the 16 week is also for subsequent pregnancies x

Ive always had one at 16 weeks and one was booked but I moved house and not seen new MW yet xx but the 16 week is also for subsequent pregnancies x

ah ok... hope you get appointments sorted soon love x

I have a midwife apt at 16 weeks, could it be that?

I was reading a poster appointments are normally
16wk
20wk scan
24wk
28wk
Then I think it goes fortnightly.

I was reading a poster appointments are normally
16wk
20wk scan
24wk
28wk
Then I think it goes fortnightly.

had appt today, heard little ones heart beating away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->