Approaching 1 - cows milk + schedule

xJessie91x

Reaction score
My lo is just over 11 months and I'm looking to begin giving him cows milk. How much should he be having once we switch?
Also what are your feeding schedules for a 1 yo? I feel like I may give him a little too much.
Thank you :flower:

We have a pretty relaxed approach to weaning. We are doing BLW (mostly, we still spoon feed yogurt). LO eats when we eat, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He also still breastfeeds whenever he wants. We don't do cows milk, he gets breastmilk.

I wish I could be more help, but he just eats what we eat when we eat it, and nurses between. He still takes breastmilk in a bottle or sippy (we are transitioning away from bottles) during the day, about 6 oz when I am gone to work, and on demand when we are together.

I would just offer him the same amount in cow's milk and at the same time as he's been having formula. As for meals, I would feed him whenever you normally eat meals and if he's hungry in between, offer small, healthy snacks, but not so much that he will still be full at mealtimes. At meals, I'd offer him as much as he's hungry for, as long as it's healthy.

My daughter is 15 months, so a bit older, but her meals have been the same since 12 months.

8am - breakfast (bowl of porridge and a banana)
12pm - lunch (cheese and onion sandwich, some puffs)
2-4pm - snack (rice cakes, oatcakes, blueberries, etc. sometimes with milk)
5:30pm - dinner (baked beans with cheese, some peanut butter)
7pm - milk before bed

The only thing that was different at 12 months was that she was also having milk when she first woke up and then in the afternoon around 2pm (sometimes instead of a snack).

Basically, think about when you eat, 3 meals a day and then you probably nibble or have a cup of tea or coffee or whatever in between. If he's genuinely hungry and it's good, healthy food, you can't overfeed him.

I'm actually thinking the same as my son is 1 next week,I was wondering though he usually has formula in a cup around 2-3 pm but if out do I just give him water and a snack as can't really b carrying cows milk in bag esp on warm day,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->