Appropriate punishment for 6 yr old biting?

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
As the title says- my 6 year old has just bitten her 3 year old brother 😠 we usually discipline my removing things - toys or x box time etc but I don't think that cuts it.
I've put her to her bedroom because I Am so angry with her.

Oh I think that fits the behaviour. I wouldn't know what would be appropriate at that age as id be really shocked LO did that if that makes sense?

Absolutely- she's not a toddler she's old enough to know better and she's done it to deliberately hurt him- she's really marked him, it's going to bruise, and when I've checked his arm she's done it twice. I have no idea what's got into her.

:( Hope your LO is okay. It's so hard to know what discipline is appropriate when you know they 100% know their actions are wrong in the first place xx

He's a pretty tough little thing luckily.
She does indeed know it's wrong- she tried claiming he bit himself st first!

I'm not sure hun but she's going through a lot right now, it doesn't excuse her behaviour but does make us understand a little. Being back at school soon might help and I think she's at a good age for play therapy. It really helped Kaysie when she was six xx

Thanks lovely. I'm trying my hardest to keep things as normal as possible for them but they definitely do pick up on things especially our emotions I think. I think being back at school will do her good. We're going away next week n then she will be back so the next week shouldn't be too much hassle xx

I agree with Tasha, I imagine her emotions are all over the place hunni, just like yours must be, big big :hugs:. I think for now taking away a favourite toy/iPad etc is the best thing, perhaps for longer than usual. Then definitely look into play therapy. My friends LO goes through school and it's really helped him.

I'm having a bad night with discipline too, Bens ripped loads of wallpaper off his wall, I'm so angry. I thought he was asleep but got bored and did that. I've cancelled our day out tomorrow and told him I'm considering cancelling his birthday party (nothing's booked!) to pay for it. I don't have any spare money to get it fixed. I don't know what's gotten into him :( he ended up sobbing though about not wanting to grow up, and never wanting a birthday because he wants to stay young and not have to go back to school/not have his reception teacher etc, he was all over the place :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->