Approximately when do you see midwife for 1st visit?

Aneesa_09

Reaction score
As the title says, when was your first appointment arranged?

I am unsure of how far long I am I think my last period was approx 8/July

I still have not seen my midwife, I have seen a doctor who refered me to the midwife in the surgery but I have yet to see her.

I have forgot when it should be expected so I thought id ask you ladies x

Tia

Hi I'm in the UK too. I saw my midwife at 8 weeks but anything 8-11 weeks seems pretty normal. Hope that helps.

I phoned my local midwife and was given the first available appointment. I will be 9wks 4 days when I go.

I meant to add I went to doctor and had to wait for the midwife to call and set up the appointment. I think it took about 2 weeks for them to call. But I'd maybe get in touch with them if you don't hear soon.

Hi I see my midwife Thursday for the first time I will be 9+5 x

I was 11 weeks. Seen the gp prior, wont see the MW again until im 19 weeks, she has given me referral for my NT scan and will only get a call if something is wrong. But this is my 4th baby.

Maybe call your doctors surgery again - and just explain that you are expecting your first midwife appointment but haven't heard anything yet and your probably now coming up for about 10weeks?

I only found out i was pregnant last week (at 7 and a bit weeks!) but saw my doctor for 8 week mark and got them to get me an asap midwife appointment for 8weeks4days. I had to go to the next villiage for the appointment though, but happy to do so to avoid waiting!

They should see you around the 8week mark if you in UK. For UK it's 8week 'booking appointment', then the next is the 12 week scan i think.

xxxx

My last AF was 4th July so not far from you and I was reffered at 8 weeks and finally got appointment through yesterday! I will be 12 weeks when I get my booking appointment. I actually rang the antenatal clinic to find out what was going on because I couldn't believe how delayed things are now :/ she said you get scanned between 11-13+6. I still don't know when I will be scanned!

Seems late to me because with my first (4 years ago) I was reffered really quickly and got letter for booking appointment for 9 weeks and scan 11+5 I thinks. That was in another borough so either things have changed or different areas work differently

I'm in the UK and our antenatal unit is mega busy!! I called to make a booking in appointment when I was about 6-7 weeks and the earliest I got was about 10-11 weeks. GP also ordered 12 week scan which was nearly at 13 weeks. So our hospital is really busy.

I would call your GP and double checked what's happening with your mw appointment.

Ive been thinking same thing. 8 weeks tomorrow and no appointment. This has encouraged me to chase next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->