~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

I'm finishing work on 11th April but technically my mat leave won't start until my due date (22nd) because it happens to fall in the Easter holidays (I'm a teacher). I'm taking 39 weeks leave again so will be back in January.

I wish you US ladies got better maternity leave :(

I wish we had better leave too. MY last day will be March 28th and my c-section is April 1st. I will take my two weeks vacation followed by 4 weeks unpaid maternity leave, so I get 6 weeks total. :nope:

Momo-yes I wish we got better maternity leave here!! I am working till the day I am due (April 14) and then I am taking 12 weeks off but I am only getting paid for 6! So we are saving money now to make up for the other half of my leave and just saving money in general!

Hey all so apparently this website can close TTC journals without warning after 15weeks of conception....I was following one girl and they closed hers...therefore I just started a pregnancyjournal so follow me on there because I am gonna stop posting on my TTC journal

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-journals/2100843-finally-prego-after-fertility-treatment-yey-april-2014-baby.html

I am doing the same as you. I am due april 16 so i will try my best to work up till due date. I am taking fmla 3months but basically can only get paid for6 weeks. Blaaaah

Momofone-----sorry for the heartbeat scare....keeping you in my thoughts.

I have no idea when my shower is but I keep waiting to buy anything because I want to see what I get first. Plus I have no where to put anything just yet.

How are you guys getting paid FMLA? Is it a state by state thing? Because my employer said it was completely unpaid which is why I'm going back so soon.

yes FMLA is unpaid. It holds your job for 3months but that is it.

Where I work if you want to get paid you have to have the time accrued.

My job also has short term disability that you are able to use up to the 6weeks post birth but you have to exhaust any sick/personal/vacation time you might have

yes FMLA is unpaid. It holds your job for 3months but that is it.

Where I work if you want to get paid you have to have the time accrued.

My job also has short term disability that you are able to use up to the 6weeks post birth but you have to exhaust any sick/personal/vacation time you might have

Ah okay that makes sense. Wouldn't it be nice if we had even just half of our pay for those 12 weeks?

A lot of it is company based I believe. Where I work we are given 4 weeks parental leave paid and then either 6 weeks (natural birth) or 8 weeks (c-section) of ST disability. So either a total of 10 or 12 weeks paid. If I have a natural birth and wanted to take my full 12 weeks I would then have to either use 2 weeks vacation or go unpaid.

Nats - Hope you're doing ok now? I get days where I'm tired beyond belief too! :sleep:

Thanks. Im feeling lots better now, headaches all gone and even though the tiredness is still there its more bearable then the rundown shattered feeling I was having, think it was a virus so im hoping it stays away.

Good luck with your scan on Monday!

Congrats girls on reaching your v days :)

We've got our 4d scan on saturday, its my xmas pressie from OHs side, sooooo looking forward to it and double checking shes still a girl! Xx

Nats - Hope you're doing ok now? I get days where I'm tired beyond belief too! :sleep:

Thanks. Im feeling lots better now, headaches all gone and even though the tiredness is still there its more bearable then the rundown shattered feeling I was having, think it was a virus so im hoping it stays away.

Good luck with your scan on Monday!

Congrats girls on reaching your v days :)

We've got our 4d scan on saturday, its my xmas pressie from OHs side, sooooo looking forward to it and double checking shes still a girl! Xx

How exciting!!!!!!!!! 4D scans are amazing.

Nats, good luck with your scan! How fun. :) I wish I had another chance to see this little one before it's born! That was a really thoughtful gift from your inlaws.

I'm going on maternity leave at the very beginning of March.. my last day is March 7th. There's no way given how physical my job is and how bad my back pain is that I'll be okay going all the way to my due date. I'm already at the end of my rope with rude customers and my husband's job is what pays the bills, so I see no need to kill myself trying to keep it going there.

I'm not sure to what extent I am returning to work, but I get a week of paid vacation starting May 1st so I'll be using that up before I tell them if I'm returning or not. I don't feel guilty at all given how crappy the maternity/parental leave is here in the USA.. I earned that time, dang it!

Anyone else proud of themselves for keeping up with this thread all pregnancy so far? :haha: I was a part of a August thread when I was pregnant with my son in 2012 and I commented, maybe twice. :blush: But now I recognize some of your names and I'm excited about everyone's pregnancies/birth stories, etc. :) Anyway, love having a group of women going through what I am.

I had my GD test today. :wacko: It was ok, I'm praying I don't have to do the 3 hour. That one almost killed me with my son, sooo sick. :sick: I may have messed it up for myself this time, too. This morning before the test I was taking my prenatal gummies and spit them out when I realized they taste like candy and are covered with a sugary-type stuff. :dohh: Then, not 20 minutes later I was in the kitchen getting a cup of milk for my son and I drank a sip of orange juice before thinking WTF! :dohh:

Have a wonderful scan Nats!! That was so thoughtful of your in-laws :)

GlassPeony- if you don't have to work than definitely take the break and relax before baby is born! what is it that you currently do?

bookworm- i hear you on keeping up with the thread! i have a few that i post on and sometimes it takes a bit to get all caught up. I'm so excited for everyone and can't wait to see these babies! Fingers crossed you passed your test! I had mine earlier in the week and have to wait another week to find out the results. Got through the one hour fine but really hoping not to have to go back!

Anyone else proud of themselves for keeping up with this thread all pregnancy so far? :haha: I was a part of a August thread when I was pregnant with my son in 2012 and I commented, maybe twice. :blush: But now I recognize some of your names and I'm excited about everyone's pregnancies/birth stories, etc. :) Anyway, love having a group of women going through what I am.

I was in an August 2012 group also! What group where you in? How crazy we both have August 2012 babies and are having April 2014 babies together again! :happydance:

I was in an August 2012 group also! What group where you in? How crazy we both have August 2012 babies and are having April 2014 babies together again! :happydance:

that's so funny!! :rofl: I have no idea what group I was in....cause I never posted. :haha: Actually, I hadn't been a BNB member long when I was a part of that group, but I spent a ton of time posting in the "Trimester" part, like constantly. This time around, I spent more time posting in individual "friend's" journals and groups like this.

Your August baby was a girl (right?) and mine was a boy. Now I'm having a girl and you're having a boy. :haha:

Nats-What a lovely present! I'd love a 4D scan but my OH thinks they're weird :wacko: I have to admit to being tempted to use on ultrasound scanner at work to try and work out which way bubs is lying but would never be brave enough to actually do it!
I check the thread most days but don't always post, it is nice to have thread that we can all be part of though-I posted in the November 2010 thread when I was pregnant with my daughter and still have a few of the girls as fb friends. It was so exciting as we all got nearer to the end and reading everybodies birth stories! :cloud9:

Hey bookworm I'm sure your gd will be fine my doctor told me it isn't a fasting test so you are able to eat and stuff beforehand

Thanks girls, can't wait!

PinkLizzy - Go for it! OH thought it sounded strange at first to but I think hes more excited for it now :)

Yeah I've definitely kept more up to date with this thread then with the July 2010 one I was in when I was pregnant with Callum (although he was a June baby in the end :)

Hope you don't have to do the 3 hour test Bookworm xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->