~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Hi Girls! Congrats to our last V-Day group! I had my GD test yesterday, it seemed to go fine, but who knows until I get the results. I had two eggs and a piece of whole wheat toast beforehand, hoping that won't mess with the results. It's what my doctor said I could eat, so we'll see. I am also interested to see if I am anemic this time, as I was diagnosed with anemia during this test my last pregnancy.

I agree, the USA Maternity leave situation is terrible! I am a teacher, so I use my accrued sick days to get paid. Luckily, if this baby comes on time, I have enough days saved up to get me to summer break, so I won't have to go back to work until the end of August, and I will get full pay. But I know in the UK the maternity benefits are much better, and last much longer.

Nats-What a lovely present! I'd love a 4D scan but my OH thinks they're weird :wacko:

My hubby too. But I'm sad I won't get to see baby again for so long! Ah well... I never got to see my other kids after the anatomy scan either, but elective ultrasounds were far less common several years ago.

Agree, so nice to have the support here. Love to be reminded of what to expect from most of the ladies who are ahead of me.

Anyone else proud of themselves for keeping up with this thread all pregnancy so far? :haha: I was a part of a August thread when I was pregnant with my son in 2012 and I commented, maybe twice. :blush: But now I recognize some of your names and I'm excited about everyone's pregnancies/birth stories, etc. :) Anyway, love having a group of women going through what I am.

I was in an August 2012 group also! What group where you in? How crazy we both have August 2012 babies and are having April 2014 babies together again! :happydance:

that's so funny!! :rofl: I have no idea what group I was in....cause I never posted. :haha: Actually, I hadn't been a BNB member long when I was a part of that group, but I spent a ton of time posting in the "Trimester" part, like constantly. This time around, I spent more time posting in individual "friend's" journals and groups like this.

Your August baby was a girl (right?) and mine was a boy. Now I'm having a girl and you're having a boy. :haha:

Yup. My August baby is a girl and now a boy. We switched. It's a small world lol.

Hey bookworm I'm sure your gd will be fine my doctor told me it isn't a fasting test so you are able to eat and stuff beforehand

They made a really big deal about not eating to me! I wonder if there are 2 different ones. Even when I got to the lab, they questioned me a couple of times. I didn't tell them about the sip of orange juice. :blush:

Anyone else proud of themselves for keeping up with this thread all pregnancy so far? :haha: I was a part of a August thread when I was pregnant with my son in 2012 and I commented, maybe twice. :blush: But now I recognize some of your names and I'm excited about everyone's pregnancies/birth stories, etc. :) Anyway, love having a group of women going through what I am.

I was part of an April 2011 thread with DS & we switched to a parenting thread from then. There's about 10 of us left now. We've been chatting for like 3 & half years now & have them all on FB. They are my friends. Would love to meet them irl. But half of them are in the US :( I hope us ladies can get to that point & still be chatting when our babies are nearly 3 :)

Hey bookworm I'm sure your gd will be fine my doctor told me it isn't a fasting test so you are able to eat and stuff beforehand

This is so not fair!! I have mine next Friday morning & I have to completely fast for 12 hours before it. I'm dreading it! I can't go more than 4 waking hours without eating normally :dohh: Yep, I'm greedy :haha:

Good luck to everyone waiting for their GTT results.

I was told that fasting was not required, just no eating after I took the liquid until they took my blood. Must be different tests.

I was told not to fast either, but to avoid loading up on sugary cereal or starches. I wish my test was earlier in the day, though, because I'm always craving sugar!

I'm still in a Valentines Babies group (we were all due on Valentines Day last year) and there are about 6 of us who talk and post every day still. I love those ladies, and they have become dear friends. There's no substitute for companionship on this journey, is there?

Wamommy- I agree! I am also in a group for women who had ectopic pregnancies. I had one and actually if I didn't I would be having the baby right now! But it's nice to have these ladies on this journey!!

With both my glucose testing (DS and last week with DD) they told me to not eat or drink anything besides water after 12 at night so it wasn't too bad although I was really hungry afterwards. With DS I was 138 with the hour went back to take the 3hr and was 138 again and if you're above a 136 you're considered Gestational Diabetic. With DD my results came back and I was only a 111 so I passed with flying colors as my doc office said today lol I start goin' every two weeks now :)

With both my glucose testing (DS and last week with DD) they told me to not eat or drink anything besides water after 12 at night so it wasn't too bad although I was really hungry afterwards. With DS I was 138 with the hour went back to take the 3hr and was 138 again and if you're above a 136 you're considered Gestational Diabetic. With DD my results came back and I was only a 111 so I passed with flying colors as my doc office said today lol I start goin' every two weeks now :)

YAY for passing! I passed mine too and start going to the doc every 2 weeks now. The rest of the pregnancy will fly with all of these appointments.

Great news ladies on passing!! I won't know until my appointment next Friday...hoping the fact that they haven't called and told me I failed is a sign that I passed :)

28 weeks.

Share your bump photos!

Looking great, momofone!

This was me last week (23 weeks) but I'll share, too! I have definitely grown these last 2-3 weeks a TON.

Attachments

• 23w2days.jpg
    23w2days.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4
https://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o617/rebekahhunter141/20140104_101107-1_zps9eeabe15.jpg

This was my bump pic from 26w! 27w now, can't believe Im in third tri already! so not ready! lol

I was part of an April 2011 thread with DS & we switched to a parenting thread from then. There's about 10 of us left now. We've been chatting for like 3 & half years now & have them all on FB. They are my friends. Would love to meet them irl. But half of them are in the US :( I hope us ladies can get to that point & still be chatting when our babies are nearly 3 :)

That would be amazing! Hopefully we can last the distance! :hugs:

Loving the bump pics!

Went for 4D scan today, was amazing and its been confirmed that its definitely a little girlie :) Callums really excited for his sister to come now that hes seen her on screen too :thumbup:

So glad we had it as a gift :) would definitely have another scan if we have baby number 3 xx

Attachments

• NATALIE_23.jpg
    NATALIE_23.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 9
  • NATALIE_8.jpg
    NATALIE_8.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 9
  • NATALIE_11.jpg
    NATALIE_11.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 9
Went for 4D scan today, was amazing and its been confirmed that its definitely a little girlie :) Callums really excited for his sister to come now that hes seen her on screen too :thumbup:

So glad we had it as a gift :) would definitely have another scan if we have baby number 3 xx

She is gorgeous!

What beautiful pics, Nats! She looks girlie, too! Lovely. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->