April Hatchlings <3 twenty12[8 babies!!]

Thanks, Missangie!!

I had a feeling I was pregnant a few days ago (of course I mistook implantation bleeding as a minor period) when I started feeling a lil nauseous and then my hat started smelling funny- when I was newly pregnant with my DS my sunglasses smelled like metal and even today, i still can’t bring myself to put them on, so I guess there goes that hat too! haha.

how's your second trimester off to? a great start I hope! I assume you find out the gender soon if you are planning on knowing. did you plan on baby #2? have you started telling you toddler about the new baby?
We're so happy and feeling blessed but because this came as a surprise we're not at all prepared, in fact, I think we are all still getting used to the news. All things that I cant control are running through my mind right now...maternity leave hours I will be short on, daycare, but mostly how my son will handle it? I guess he will be young enough where he will be okay but I feel like I didnt give him enough time to just enjoy it being us three... feeling a little:shipw: but I know its just the inital shock! haha.

2nd trimester still feels like the first for me, still sick every morning but I think its getting better. (I threw up every day for 18 weeks with Parker so Im hoping it will be the same this time and that Im almost done feeling yucky!!!) Yep, we planned to have them this close. Well we didnt think it would happen right away since it took 2 yrs to get pregnant the first time (first round of clomid though) and this time we got pregnant the first month trying, using clomid again!

Parker and his cousin are 21 months apart and she has been in love with him since day 1 and now that he is older he loves her just as much and they play so nicely together. Im sure it will definitely have its challenges at first- Im mostly nervous about nursing a newborn with a small toddler around because with Parker I remember just sitting on the couch nursing on and off all day pretty much and this time Ill need to balance giving him attention too and making sure he isnt getting into stuff, etc. Plus, it will be hard to explain to him that "no you cant poke brother/sisters eyes and no you cant sit on brother/sister" LOL

We havent started saying anything to him, I think he is too little to even partially understand anything. I think once it gets close Ill buy him a little baby doll to play with and a book about being a big brother or something. I have friends with kids with this age difference and most of what I have heard is that when they are under two they dont have that jealousy when new baby comes like older kids often have.

Sorry for the novel! I definitely can understand you feeling nervous and being overwhelmed by the news especially since it was a surprise but Im sure you are a great mama and can handle it!!!!!! :hugs:

Congrats Lady E!!! :)

Ladies my first two are 12 months and 9days apart and it was very hard in the beginning just because they are like twins but it does get soooo much easier as they get older! Just make sure you are constantly giving as much attention to the older one as possible so they don't grow resentment for the baby. My first 2 are bestfriends now (i mean bestfriends who occasionally throw a couple punches) lol

Thanks Missangie and Brooke!!

You ladies have calmed my nerves a little bit. Great tip on buying a doll and a book on being a big brother, this is def something I see that can help in the transition.

You are so right about it feeling like having twins, especially since I think that will be around the time we wanted to introduce potty training. I remember when Nik was a baby we'd nurse allllll day long and we co-slept too so im hoping Nik will continue doing great like he has been and sleeps all night long. We are still breastfeeding (dont know if I mentioned this in an earlier post) and the plan was to wean at a year so I am sure by the time baby#2 arrives he will be totally weaned but until then I want to slowly start weaning him. I've enjoyed bf so much, more than I thought I would and he's such a pro at it, and more recently I know its become more of a comfort than nutrition. but I digress.

I am excited to have them be close in age and in life (with im sure some punches and kicks here and there) growing up my brother and I were 5 years apart so he was always the 'annoying lil brother' hehe.

Missangie do you plan on finding out what you’re having? Hopefully youre just 2 short weeks of feeling yucky and entering the 2nd trimester 'honeymoon stage' of pregnancy-- ahh-- that I do remember and enjoyed oh so much! I've had to break out my preg books, funny how quickly we forget- there goes my spicy tuna rolls!

Congrats LadyE!!

Brookettc, sorry to hear. Fingers crossed for you next cycle:)

We just had Landon's 1st bday party on March 16 and it was amazing!! There were about 50 friends and family. I am going to post pics this weekend. I just need to put the pics on my computer. Landon's actual bday is March 29. He almost walking, taking up to six steps on his own:) Our house just went for sal on Wed and it is so hard to keep it clean with 3 kids running around all day! lol Fingers crossed it sells fast!

Marianne.

for those who have already celebrated their baby's 1st birthday, I would like your honest opinion...

Nik has everything, EVERYTHING and frankly our shoebox of a house cant fit anymore anythings. So I'm working on this language below for his birthday invitations in late April...is it tacky?

"No presents necessary your presence is gift enough!. This little boy has everything!
If you feel inclined to give a gift, please consider contributing to his college fund. We have opened a 529 plan in his name."
(I plan on writing the 529 plan info so they can gift.)

This will be a small party of just family and 2 close friends, nothing big less than 25 people tops!

thanks ladies, I appreciate your feedback.

In other news, I could eat everything right now and nothing I feel so nauseous and yet so hungry all the time!

for those who have already celebrated their baby's 1st birthday, I would like your honest opinion...

Nik has everything, EVERYTHING and frankly our shoebox of a house cant fit anymore anythings. So I'm working on this language below for his birthday invitations in late April...is it tacky?

"No presents necessary your presence is gift enough!. This little boy has everything!
If you feel inclined to give a gift, please consider contributing to his college fund. We have opened a 529 plan in his name."
(I plan on writing the 529 plan info so they can gift.)

This will be a small party of just family and 2 close friends, nothing big less than 25 people tops!

thanks ladies, I appreciate your feedback.

In other news, I could eat everything right now and nothing I feel so nauseous and yet so hungry all the time!

hmm thats tough. If it were me I would just write Please, no gifts and leave it at that. Then, if people ask you you can mention you really would prefer no gifts but do have a college fund set up if they really want to do something. (in my case, Id tell my mom and sisters that is what I would prefer so that they could spread the word also) I just feel like if I were to read what you wrote then I would feel like I would HAVE to contribute to the college fund.

BUT! I am the party coordinator at my work (I work at a gym for children) and I make invitations all the time and have seen a few write similar things like you just wrote so I dont think it is completely out of line, just not what I would personally do!!!

Hey ladies, how is everyone?? We are finally getting some nice spring weather here. It felt like winter was never going to leave! So my hubby said something surprising to me on the weekend, he said he would not mind having a fourth child. lol I admit, I have been thinking about it, but am not ready to have another one just yet. I told him maybe in a couple of years because I still need to loose some of the baby weight I gained with Landon. I am 32 now, so maybe when I am 34, I will think about a fourth.

Hope everyone is well:)

Mari, that is exciting!!!! and please share some of that nice weather my way ;-)

Things are going really well on my end. Im 21 weeks pregnant (girl!) and Parker is SO much fun. I seriously think he gets more fun by the day.

I actually just got back from flying to Florida for a week to spend some time with my twin sister and my new 5 week old nephew and left Parker and daddy behind for the week. So hard to leave them both but it was also REALLY nice to not have to worry about anyone but myself lol. Poor daddy and poor Parker had a few rough days but they survived ;-)

Hope everyone else is well too!

Mari, that is exciting!!!! and please share some of that nice weather my way ;-)

Things are going really well on my end. Im 21 weeks pregnant (girl!) and Parker is SO much fun. I seriously think he gets more fun by the day.

I actually just got back from flying to Florida for a week to spend some time with my twin sister and my new 5 week old nephew and left Parker and daddy behind for the week. So hard to leave them both but it was also REALLY nice to not have to worry about anyone but myself lol. Poor daddy and poor Parker had a few rough days but they survived ;-)

Hope everyone else is well too!

Glad things are going well and congrats on finding out it is a girl:) You are 1/2 way there!!!

That is nice you got away and visited your family. I miss my hubby and kids like crazy too, but having time to myself would be really great too:)

Hey ladies! So long since i've been on here, congrats to all those who are expecting again. I hope everyone is well, how are you all and your babies doing. Heres a pic of my little boy now x

Attachments

• 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
  • 339.jpg
    339.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi ladies a sad update from me I was rushed to hosp Monday with bleeding and right sided pain I was pregnant but had no idea I was kept in for a scan Tuesday morning which showed a large mass next to my right ovary and empty womb except bloody I was rushed to theatre and my right tube had ruptured so it had to be removed I also had an ectopic in 2008 resulting in my left tube removal I'm tokd I was lucky we caught it when we did or I may nit have made it, they suspect I was poss as far as 10 weeks, I now have to come to terms at the age of 24 now being sterile and never having abother baby, good luck to all those TTC pregnant or our march/April bubbas x

Hey ladies!!

Just got a BFP!! We totally weren't expecting this and we are in total shock!

Hi ladies a sad update from me I was rushed to hosp Monday with bleeding and right sided pain I was pregnant but had no idea I was kept in for a scan Tuesday morning which showed a large mass next to my right ovary and empty womb except bloody I was rushed to theatre and my right tube had ruptured so it had to be removed I also had an ectopic in 2008 resulting in my left tube removal I'm tokd I was lucky we caught it when we did or I may nit have made it, they suspect I was poss as far as 10 weeks, I now have to come to terms at the age of 24 now being sterile and never having abother baby, good luck to all those TTC pregnant or our march/April bubbas x

I feel so awful that I never saw this post when I made my announcement. I am so deeply sorry for your loss and I am praying for you and your family. I hope you can find a way to complete your family In a different way.

Hey ladies!!

Just got a BFP!! We totally weren't expecting this and we are in total shock!

Hi Brooke!!!

Congratulations!!! I have not logged on to here in a very long time. Looks like you are due really soon!! My little guy Landon will be 2 next month. So crazy how times flies!!

Good luck with you delivery:)

Marianne

Hi guys I haven't been here in a while going for 3rd as well, just got a bfp at 10dpo. So happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->